Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

6/16 Post Game

Featured Replies

Thank God I have found a place with some sane people who also see Redmond for what he is: a terrible manager! Maybe players like him, and maybe he is a good motivator, but when it comes to game management he is just lousy, no other way to say it. By my count he has lost six games this year with his lousy moves. I watch these games & I often wonder is he actually trying to lose this game? For example, tonight. 7th inning bases loaded 1 out. Jones is up so Cubs bring in a lefty. Redmond lets Jones (batting .190 against lefties) hit instead of pinch hitting for him. Unbelievable. 10th inning, Marlins batting, two outs runners on 1st and 2nd. Redmond lets weak hitting Mathis bat. But he does have Reed Johnson on deck! Why? If Mathis gets a hit, no need for Reed! Reed should have been hitting for Mathis, not standing on deck. Then he brings in Jennings, who is horrible. He tries to lose it, but fails. So he brings in Turner who finally succeeds in blowing the game. Redmond does not want to win; he is content just not losing 100 games.

This game was Koehler's fault. Sometimes 4 runs will just have to be enough to win a game. Although we did have plenty of chances to win we should have never been in a situation to lose the game.

 

By the way the bullpen has been really good lately. I really like how Morris and Hatcher have pitched. The lefties are still a problem though.

Thanks Bender, and hi everyone. I'm a die hard Marlin fan, been one for many years. Originally from NY, been living in South Florida for a pretty long time. I'm in my late 50's and have seen a lot of baseball over the years.

I live near Kansas City, and the Royals talk the first two months of the season was nothing but "FIRE THE MANAGER!" Right now, they're .5 games out of the division lead. I can't imagine what the talk must be like for teams that are actually total disasters that had "plans" that are supposed to be coming to fruition about now and "good" managers.

 

Granted, this team is over performing the HELL out of expectations and without Jose Fernandez, it shouldn't last, but if it does, hey, I'll enjoy the ride with a terrible manager. Beats going back to 2011 and having that lovely June with a manager the people liked. This is actually not a bad June for a recent Marlins team. Yeah, the 2013 Marlins were better in June, but they were out of contention by April 5th, so....

Thanks Bender, and hi everyone. I'm a die hard Marlin fan, been one for many years. Originally from NY, been living in South Florida for a pretty long time. I'm in my late 50's and have seen a lot of baseball over the years.

Hey all that is exactly like me... Well except for that "late 50's" part lol . Welcome to the boards... you'll love it here! (...especially if you enjoy heartburn)

Damn! When I saw that 1929 in your handle, SilverBullett, I was hoping someone here was actually older than me, LOL. Man, I'm still in the dumps over yesterday's game. I can't stand watching Redmond's post game post mortems where he actually smiles and makes jokes after losses like this. Red's bullpen management has been horrific all year long. He apparently never heard of the concept of late inning defensive replacements. And he is stubborn to a fault. He left Jones in there to face the lefty to prove to everyone that he knows better than all those who maintain that Jones only hit against right hand pitching. And his loyalty to his players is great; except when it hurts the team, such as his stubborn refusal to pinch hit for Mathis late in games. I hated Fredi Gonzalez because he was so maddeningly by the book; the most orthodox manager I have ever seen, no imagination. Now we have the opposite: a manager who just ignores the book completely. I spent 4 hours last night watching that disaster, only to be disappointed at the end.

Welcome to the boards... you'll love it here!

 

Especially if you come with an open mind that is prepared to listen to all points of view.

 

Except for Bender.

The only thing I could blame Red for last night was letting Jones bat with the bases loaded against the lefty. Shoulda been Lucas.

The only thing I could blame Red for last night was letting Jones bat with the bases loaded against the lefty. Shoulda been Lucas.

 

Wait Redmond actually did that? I guess Jones is OPSing at .458 against them

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.