Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2014 Playoff Thread

Featured Replies

The Royals have swept the Angels! Royals and Orioles will play for the pennant.

 

BASEBALL!

 

 

 

Awesome. Royals are an awesome story and the O's have rolled missing some huge pieces. ALCS will be fun!

Orioles all the way, even though I love the Royals' style of baseball.

 

 

Saw Hanley's at bat and it brought back memories of some of the dumbest comments I've ever heard.

 

 

 

He's an ass as far as I'm concerned- but his talent is unquestioned. He's just lazy in the field

They lost because of Hanley.

 

Negative energy, lackadaisical fielding, brings the team down with his attitude, is probably friends with Hitler.

 

 

Nationals force a game 4 with a 4-1 victory.

 

 

edit: forget it, I'm an idiot. I was confusing this series for the LAD-STL one. My bad.

 

 

The hate Miami has for Hanley is so dumb.

 

 

What about the hate Hanley has for Miami? I'm pretty sure he hates this place and these fans irrationally as well.

 

 

Puig benched for today so that Ethier can start.

 

Mattingly says "it gives the team the best chance to win"

 

He's right, but not for the team he wants.

 

 

Puig benched for today so that Ethier can start.

 

Mattingly says "it gives the team the best chance to win"

 

He's right, but not for the team he wants.

 

 

Considering how much Puig dick Mattingly has sucked, if he thinks that's true, I don't think we're anybody to disagree.

 

 

Considering how much Puig dick Mattingly has sucked, if he thinks that's true, I don't think we're anybody to disagree.

 

 

2014 Puig vs. RHP: .901 OPS

 

2014 Ethier vs. RHP: .710 OPS

 

 

2014 Puig vs. RHP: .901 OPS

 

2014 Ethier vs. RHP: .710 OPS

 

 

 

Puig had a run of 7 straight Ks, too.

 

 

Yea, playoffs are all about who's hot and who's not. Managers will always try and ride the hot hand and/or bat through the post-season. What they did in the first 162 is sometimes irrelevant.

 

 

Yea, playoffs are all about who's hot and who's not. Managers will always try and ride the hot hand and/or bat through the post-season. What they did in the first 162 is sometimes irrelevant.

 

You're right, but shouldn't be. I'll take the huge sample size of 162 games over what-have-you-done-for-me-lately. Armando Galarraga pitched a perfect game* once, Clayton Kershaw got lit up once. I'd still take Kershaw the game after the blow up than Galarraga the day after the 28 outs.

 

 

Nats, Dodgers, Tigers and Angels are all gone.

 

Money and No. 1 winning % in regular, Only can't buy a trophy.

 

 

You're right, but shouldn't be. I'll take the huge sample size of 162 games over what-have-you-done-for-me-lately. Armando Galarraga pitched a perfect game* once, Clayton Kershaw got lit up once. I'd still take Kershaw the game after the blow up than Galarraga the day after the 28 outs.

 

Kershaw really didnt have a good playoff track record before the blowup in game one. He is a strange anomaly, really.

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.