November 18, 201411 yr If you're a 3b and Hech has a higher ISO than you (his is .080) it probably means you're not very good.
November 18, 201411 yr Thanks, useful stat Obviouly speed (guys stretching singles to doubles) can alter it, but it's a nice quick little check on power.
November 18, 201411 yr Cue godzilla face palm for the post above. Let's also not forget our 3b hit 4 HRs last year with a dazzling ISO of .070. Not saying I don't want more power but the park kept him from hitting a good 5-6 more. If he hits 10-15 but drives in 80+ that's fine too. He has the power. He hit 28 in Japan.
November 18, 201411 yr Not saying I don't want more power but the park kept him from hitting a good 5-6 more. If he hits 10-15 but drives in 80+ that's fine too. He has the power. He hit 28 in Japan. BS on the park thing. You have nothing but circumstancial evidence to back that up and a shitty amount of doubles as well (29). Outfielders don't play casey deep. Who cares about japan. he sucked in 2011/2012 in the majors which is why he had to go there.
November 18, 201411 yr just to prove how bad casey is, he ranks a wretched 270th on the flyball distance leaderboard at an average distance of 261.66 so your park theory is completely bunk. He is in between Derrick Norris and Adam Eaton. Hech is at 267.88 (rank 229)
November 18, 201411 yr In case anyone is wondering where I got that from: http://www.baseballheatmaps.com/graph/distanceleader.php
November 18, 201411 yr holy crap I love the way that contract is structured. and so does Loria. he'll be 80 years old in 2020. I'd be shocked if he didn't sell by then.
November 18, 201411 yr holy crap I love the way that contract is structured. and so does Loria. he'll be 80 years old in 2020. I'd be shocked if he didn't sell by then. I'll only love it if Loria actually does something with the $
November 18, 201411 yr Press conference will be on Fox Sports Florida live Dang. Anyway for us to watch it?
November 18, 201411 yr Author Dang. Anyway for us to watch it? MLB Network may show it too, not sure yet Hopefully its also streamed online somewhere
November 18, 201411 yr Giancarlo Stanton gave the Marlins a friendly home town deal....it's really spectacular considering the contentious situation in 12-13. I'm shocked.
November 18, 201411 yr Author Loria's treatment of him the day of the injury may have mattered, I think Stanton was genuinuly appreciative of that. From Loria calling Selig to get a hook-up for the best care to Samson staying at the hospital with his dad to Loria sending his private plane for Stanton and his father. That wasn't mentioned enough.
November 18, 201411 yr I mean I figured it would be backloaded but holy shit. I think this basically means a lot would have to align perfectly for Stanton to opt out at 30. I also think this lets us know that Loria will be selling this team before Stanton gets crazy expensive. Don't forget the tv contract gets renewed in 2020 so that will help with the backloading in addition to the 2-3 WS rings we'll have by then.
November 18, 201411 yr Author Keep in mind it was Stanton's idea to backload it before the conspiracy theories start.
November 18, 201411 yr Keep in mind it was Stanton's idea to backload it before the conspiracy theories start. That's what's surprising. That he has grown to trust Loria and Hill/Jennings this much. It's a 180 degree turn. Very surprising. Apparently he and Jennings have a good relationship.
November 18, 201411 yr Great signing! We are commited to winning now. This is a step in the right direction! GO FISH!
November 18, 201411 yr Frisaro is an idiot. Nice math doofus: So, unless my math is wrong, Stanton's $6.5 m next year is 3.9% of #Marlins payroll, if payroll is $60 mil,
November 18, 201411 yr Frisaro is an idiot. Nice math doofus: So, unless my math is wrong, Stanton's $6.5 m next year is 3.9% of #Marlins payroll, if payroll is $60 mil, Lol
November 18, 201411 yr I'm 6000% sure his math was wrong, that's a percentage right? If I had embedded that tweet rather than just copy/paste would it still have shown on here?
November 18, 201411 yr Author If I had embedded that tweet rather than just copy/paste would it still have shown on here? Nope, it wouldn't because that just links to twitter where it'd no longer exist
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.