November 17, 201411 yr 325 million, no trade clause, opt-out after 2020 Press conference Wed or Thurs Heyman had it first
November 17, 201411 yr Author That's up to you to decide, it's done. Whether he's physically signed it, we don't know!
November 17, 201411 yr I just wish the opt out was after the 6th year. He owes us that much I think. Now lets get to other business like getting rid of Garret Jones $5 million and getting Adam LaRoche?
November 17, 201411 yr I just wish the opt out was after the 6th year. He owes us that much I think. Now lets get to other business like getting rid of Garret Jones $5 million and getting Adam LaRoche? He doesn't owe use shit and we should be jumping for joy we get at least 5 more years of him.
November 17, 201411 yr I just wish the opt out was after the 6th year. He owes us that much I think. Now lets get to other business like getting rid of Garret Jones $5 million and getting Adam LaRoche? He doesn't owe us anything actually.
November 17, 201411 yr Author It is not a sure thing that the opt-out is after 2019, it may be after 2020 though most agree it's after 2019. And yeah he owes the Marlins nothing
November 17, 201411 yr What a change. We went from the cheapest franchise in sports, to giving the largest contract any sport has ever seen. Well Done.
November 17, 201411 yr He doesn't owe use shit and we should be jumping for joy we get at least 5 more years of him. Agreed. This deal was perfect for Stanton and the Marlins. The 13-year, $325 Million gives Stanton lifetime security (just in case) and it gives the Marlins some much needed positive PR. But the terms are smoke and mirrors, because the odds are this is a 5-year, $125-135 Million deal, which is exactly what we (I) thought it would be. And there's nothing wrong with that, honestly. Great job by the organization, great deal for Stanton.
November 17, 201411 yr I have to be honest. I like that Stanton projects to be here for a long time now, but the fact that Loria did this makes me like him even less. One player just got more than the payrolls of our teams from the last five years combined. At least he did what he had to do now I guess.
November 17, 201411 yr I have to be honest. I like that Stanton projects to be here for a long time now, but the fact that Loria did this makes me like him even less. One player just got more than the payrolls of our teams from the last five years combined. At least he did what he had to do now I guess. Pretty much confirms he doesn't lose money and probably never has.
November 17, 201411 yr Author Pretty much confirms he doesn't lose money and probably never has. Maybe he just had a good year in art sales man
November 17, 201411 yr Also helps that two of the teams that Stanton would actually like to be traded to (red sox/dodgers) actually have the players to make it happen....
November 17, 201411 yr Can we please lock up the rest of the core early? Let's start with Yelich. Go!
November 17, 201411 yr Can we please lock up the rest of the core early? Let's start with Yelich. Go! 15/120!
November 17, 201411 yr Author I'm so hard right now. That's all I have to say. Dude aren't you a teacher and in your classroom?
November 17, 201411 yr Press conference I am assuming will be on Fox Sports Florida and MLB Network will also have coverage. My question is about the opt out clause. So if he doesn't opt out after 2019 or 2020 when its due, does that lock him in for the remaining years or can he opt out again? I know the contract of Elvis Andrus has a couple opt outs, just wasn't sure how many Stanton had in this contract.
November 17, 201411 yr I hope he stays healthy and they build a good team around him (lock Yelich, Ozuna and Alvarez long term)
November 17, 201411 yr Author Press conference I am assuming will be on Fox Sports Florida and MLB Network will also have coverage. My question is about the opt out clause. So if he doesn't opt out after 2019 or 2020 when its due, does that lock him in for the remaining years or can he opt out again? I know the contract of Elvis Andrus has a couple opt outs, just wasn't sure how many Stanton had in this contract. Details aren't out yet, everything thus far has said one opt-out so if he didn't opt-out he'd then be locked in but that's not confirmed.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.