Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stanton agrees to 13-year deal

Featured Replies

It's called the foul pole

 

 

Maybe they could modify the home run sculpture. After all, it already raises up and squirts things when he hits a home run.

 

 

Wednesday's going to be the best day in the history(and eternal future) of the Marlins franchise. Better than a world series parade, which looks back on the past. Now, for the first time, we have a future, 6 years to look forward to. The relative few of us fans are the envy of baseball fans everywhere. Let the players(and fans) stay healthy and enjoy.

 

I don't know about all that, but it'll be a good day. Winning the World Series and getting a new stadium was pretty huge.

 

 

Everyone around baseball is so mad. This is awesome

 

 

 

Makes it so much better that most of us on this side of the fence are so confident about this and not just begrudgingly accepting this.

this is fucking amazing. The biggest badass power hitter in baseball is locked up and it was somehow the Marlins who did it. I don't even know what to do.

 

Actually, be right back....

 

....

 

whew.

 

Okay so yeah this is unbelievable. It's even a pretty good deal for the team, presuming Loria doesn't surround him with crap. Yeah other teams' fans have been debating about who'll get him for years now.

 

SUCK IT DODGERSYANKSANGELSBOSOX

 

 

I have two serious questions I'd like answered, potentially at the press conference...

 

What made Loria and the Marlins change their stance from a shorter 4-6 year "extension" to a massive 13 year "mega-deal"?

 

And what, other than the dollar amounts(if anything), made Stanton agree to guarantee his next six years here as opposed to just sitting back and waiting for his upcoming free agency?

 

...I'm just saying that two weeks ago the general thought was that the Fish would make a more modest offer and that Stanton wasnt likely to accept anything that would sacrifice his presumed pay day in two seasons, if he even accepted anything at all. The stances on both sides have changed drastically and I'd like to hear from both parties how they'd answer this.

I have two serious questions I'd like answered, potentially at the press conference...

 

What made Loria and the Marlins change their stance from a shorter 4-6 year "extension" to a massive 13 year "mega-deal"?

 

And what, other than the dollar amounts(if anything), made Stanton agree to guarantee his next six years here as opposed to just sitting back and waiting for his upcoming free agency?

 

...I'm just saying that two weeks ago the general thought was that the Fish would make a more modest offer and that Stanton wasnt likely to accept anything that would sacrifice his presumed pay day in two seasons, if he even accepted anything at all. The stances on both sides have changed drastically and I'd like to hear from both parties how they'd answer this.

 

possible that Stanton wouldn't accept a shorter deal when he could break the bank in two seasons anyway? I mean this is the payday he was going to get in two seasons, right?

 

 

I think those foregone conclusions tthat Stanton wasn't gonna sign a large contract weren't really foregone. There were people here who were confident a large contract in the 5 to 7 year range was happening

I have two serious questions I'd like answered, potentially at the press conference...

 

What made Loria and the Marlins change their stance from a shorter 4-6 year "extension" to a massive 13 year "mega-deal"?

 

And what, other than the dollar amounts(if anything), made Stanton agree to guarantee his next six years here as opposed to just sitting back and waiting for his upcoming free agency?

 

...I'm just saying that two weeks ago the general thought was that the Fish would make a more modest offer and that Stanton wasnt likely to accept anything that would sacrifice his presumed pay day in two seasons, if he even accepted anything at all. The stances on both sides have changed drastically and I'd like to hear from both parties how they'd answer this.

 

I don't know what about $325 mil made you think Stanton changed his stance. The Marlins had to pay a huge contract to keep Stanton, and they did it. That's basically it.

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.