May 29, 201511 yr [uSER=5712]@Vince0926[/uSER] please get the curly fries at Citi Field and let me know how they are Sure no worries. I also want to try shake shack and my best shot will probably be tonight since I can watch batting practice then go. I expect to have a good time and it's nice thinking my first game is with Matt Harvey. And we almost beat him last time. Amazing that we have only won 15 times since that game....which was april 19th... :-(
May 29, 201511 yr Sure no worries. I also want to try shake shack and my best shot will probably be tonight since I can watch batting practice then go. I expect to have a good time and it's nice thinking my first game is with Matt Harvey. And we almost beat him last time. Amazing that we have only won 15 times since that game....which was april 19th... :-( Get that shake shake early dawg otherwise it's like a 30 minute wait!!!
May 29, 201511 yr [uSER=5078]@pollyvonwog[/uSER] bullshit, ur a baseball fan and the team u follow is coming to town. GO TO THE GAMES! You'll regret it if you don't. Worst case, don't wear any Marlins gear... But GO TO THE GAMES! I havent watched the Fish play in St. Louis for like 5 years. Admitting that I am a Marlins fan is almost more difficult than telling people i am an atheist while living in the bble belt.
May 29, 201511 yr Dee Gordon thought the Miami Marlins' hiring of Dan Jennings as their manager was initially a joke, the second baseman told ESPN in a recent interview. "When I got word of it, I was surprised," Gordon said. "[Giancarlo] Stanton actually called me and told me, and I thought he was playing. But he was serious." SongInTheAir thought the Miami Marlins were initially a joke, the user told MB.com in a recent post. "When I saw our record, I was surprised," Air said. "[www dot] Google dot com actually told me, and I thought it was playing. But it was serious."
May 29, 201511 yr I havent watched the Fish play in St. Louis for like 5 years. Admitting that I am a Marlins fan is almost more difficult than telling people i am an atheist while living in the bble belt. I usually love chirping with Muts fans. I went earlier in the year and had a blast going at it with them. This whole DJ thing has taken the wind outta my sails though
May 30, 201511 yr I don't care how embarrassed I am of my team I'm still a fan and support them. We just went through a thread of what it would take for some of u to stop being a fan and some of you said it would basically take the end of the world to stop it... now in this thread after a bad first two months of this season some of you are refusing to go to games and refusing to wear Marlins gear. That's pretty sad. And I'm not defending the team because I know they suck tremendous nuts right now but I'm still a fan , still wearing my gear, still supporting them despite the hardships we're in now. Any of you doing the opposite really make me question how much of a fan you really are. I can understand choosing to skip a game or two on tv, I can understand turning off the game halfway through a loss, I can understand being less interested as a whole... that's not what I'm saying. But none of that should stop you from being a fan and supporting the Fish.
May 30, 201511 yr For example, which ones gave you the vibe? I don't know lol it's just the vibe. How do you feel about it?
May 30, 201511 yr I don't know lol it's just the vibe. How do you feel about it? He's probably frustrated but I doubt he wants to leave.
May 30, 201511 yr Stanton is no idiot, he did not sign that contract to be second guessing himself at the first sign of trouble. I'm sure he hoped for better but he committed long-term for a reason, and I highly doubt it was monetary reasons. If this shit lasts six years more then we can see how he feels but for now two months mean nothing in the grand scheme of the Stanton contract.
May 30, 201511 yr Loria won't sell the team until at least after that all star game and I have the awful feeling that he will be the owner until he dies. I don't see him selling the team for some reason.
May 30, 201511 yr Loria won't sell the team until at least after that all star game and I have the awful feeling that he will be the owner until he dies. I don't see him selling the team for some reason. I think he'll sell but you're right, no way he's selling before that All-Star game. Probably soon after
May 30, 201511 yr Loria won't sell the team until at least after that all star game and I have the awful feeling that he will be the owner until he dies. I don't see him selling the team for some reason. wow I'm not sure u agree with u but imagine the headline if Loria actually died owning this team. Front the reality of it to the asinine comments people would make, that'd be crazy.
May 31, 201511 yr I don't care how embarrassed I am of my team I'm still a fan and support them. We just went through a thread of what it would take for some of u to stop being a fan and some of you said it would basically take the end of the world to stop it... now in this thread after a bad first two months of this season some of you are refusing to go to games and refusing to wear Marlins gear. That's pretty sad. And I'm not defending the team because I know they suck tremendous nuts right now but I'm still a fan , still wearing my gear, still supporting them despite the hardships we're in now. Any of you doing the opposite really make me question how much of a fan you really are. I can understand choosing to skip a game or two on tv, I can understand turning off the game halfway through a loss, I can understand being less interested as a whole... that's not what I'm saying. But none of that should stop you from being a fan and supporting the Fish. I've been busy with work and dvr and no longer have mlb.tv, yet I still get on mobile to view the gameday/box score and see if team won or not. 20-30, 2 straight wins. Not good record, but hey, beating the Mets is fun.
May 31, 201511 yr I don't care how embarrassed I am of my team I'm still a fan and support them. We just went through a thread of what it would take for some of u to stop being a fan and some of you said it would basically take the end of the world to stop it... now in this thread after a bad first two months of this season some of you are refusing to go to games and refusing to wear Marlins gear. That's pretty sad. And I'm not defending the team because I know they suck tremendous nuts right now but I'm still a fan , still wearing my gear, still supporting them despite the hardships we're in now. Any of you doing the opposite really make me question how much of a fan you really are. I can understand choosing to skip a game or two on tv, I can understand turning off the game halfway through a loss, I can understand being less interested as a whole... that's not what I'm saying. But none of that should stop you from being a fan and supporting the Fish. It doesnt have to do with the team. It has to do with the ownership. Its not fun to root for this team. Its not fun to root for a team that can't do a thing right publicly and is known as one of the biggest jokes in sports. Thats not called being a bad fan, thats called being beaten into the ground with embarrassment year after year, giving your heart to the team year in and year out, and realizing the ownership doesnt give a shit.
May 31, 201511 yr It doesnt have to do with the team. It has to do with the ownership. Its not fun to root for this team. Its not fun to root for a team that can't do a thing right publicly and is known as one of the biggest jokes in sports. Thats not called being a bad fan, thats called being beaten into the ground with embarrassment year after year, giving your heart to the team year in and year out, and realizing the ownership doesnt give a shit. You can still support ur team through bad ownership. I was a Marlins fan before Loria and he won't be here forever, I'll be a fan after he's gone too. Having a shit owner won't make me stop watching my favorite team despite the hardships he may bring us. And I'll argue that while it isn't easy watching this team it can be fun at times because man there's not many greater things than watching the successes of this team when they do come. Also, ownership isn't who I'm rooting for when I'm cheering at a game. I'm cheering for the players on the field despite ownership. Regardless, I don't want this topic going too far anymore because it's getting beyond my original point which was when polly said he wouldn't attend the Mets series out of straight up embarrassment ... I thought that was a bit much and I thought it was a symbol of some of us taking these hard times too deep considering how big of fans as we are. Lastly, @@pollyvonwog just to clarify I'm not trying to make this just about you even though I've brought it up a few times , I was actually just trying to get you to the games to enjoy yourself regardless of the teams struggles. No hard feelings dude.
June 1, 201511 yr Lastly, @[uSER=5078]@pollyvonwog[/uSER] just to clarify I'm not trying to make this just about you even though I've brought it up a few times , I was actually just trying to get you to the games to enjoy yourself regardless of the teams struggles. No hard feelings dude. All good dawg. You're right, I wish I went, although I'm 99% sure a muts fan would have at minimum poured a beer on my head after that justin bour donger.
June 2, 201511 yr I don't care how embarrassed I am of my team I'm still a fan and support them. We just went through a thread of what it would take for some of u to stop being a fan and some of you said it would basically take the end of the world to stop it... now in this thread after a bad first two months of this season some of you are refusing to go to games and refusing to wear Marlins gear. That's pretty sad. And I'm not defending the team because I know they suck tremendous nuts right now but I'm still a fan , still wearing my gear, still supporting them despite the hardships we're in now. Any of you doing the opposite really make me question how much of a fan you really are. I can understand choosing to skip a game or two on tv, I can understand turning off the game halfway through a loss, I can understand being less interested as a whole... that's not what I'm saying. But none of that should stop you from being a fan and supporting the Fish. It's a sports team. It's not that serious. It is an extracurricular activity that should be entertaining to watch and talk about. The Marlins, and every other sports team, shouldn't be the part of anyone's 'identity'.
June 2, 201511 yr It's a sports team. It's not that serious. It is an extracurricular activity that should be entertaining to watch and talk about. The Marlins, and every other sports team, shouldn't be the part of anyone's 'identity'. I never said anything about identity or taking it seriously. If anything I was saying people should take it less serious especially during slumps and just enjoy the game regardless. With that said, not sure what you specifically meant by identity but I'd say several of us on here would consider the Marlins part of our identity. We're pretty diehard fans here, for better or worse.
June 2, 201511 yr if marlins were 32-20 and it was bottom of the ninth down 1....and my wife wanted herself some....I may pass it up to see the inning. nowadays....LOL. so yes I consider the marlins a big piece of my life if they are winning.
June 2, 201511 yr I'm pretty sure a magic 8 ball runs the marlins organization. I'm pretty sure they'd actually be better if that were the case
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.