June Draft

​You act like this is a surprise ?

It was a pretty shitty draft. Some joked that this should have been skipped and rolled into next year. 

Players r a are being picked in the first round because they have to be picked- otherwise I'm sure many would have been second and third rounders next year.

in other words, maybe Naylor is a 6th round pick

It was a pretty shitty draft. Some joked that this should have been skipped and rolled into next year. 

Players r a are being picked in the first round because they have to be picked- otherwise I'm sure many would have been second and third rounders next year.

in other words, maybe Naylor is a 6th round pick

​Exactly. There's nothing wrong with Naylor, but they had absolutely 0 reason to pick him 1st round. They easily would have gotten him with that supplemental pick, for instance, but instead we have a below replacement RP. 

​Exactly. There's nothing wrong with Naylor, but they had absolutely 0 reason to pick him 1st round. They easily would have gotten him with that supplemental pick, for instance, but instead we have a below replacement RP. 

One reason- the only tool you end up significantly paying for in free agency is the power tool- everything is routinely under valued. 

You develop the tool from within the organization, you enjoy 7 years of cheap control and maybe you resign him (Stanton anyone?). 

This draft was weak, Aiken or Nix are who I wanted and both were reaches. 

Im fine with this now.

I think Daz Cameron and any other kid of a MLB'er is going to be a tough signing- simply because they dont HAVE to play for money- they can afford to go to college and get a degree, simply because as a major leaguers son the money isn't a motivating factor and someone will draft them as a flyer in the 20th round if their stock falls. 

I have a friend who was who was drafted high by Boston, demanded money, went to UM instead and is now in the Minors anyway. His stock fell, but he's there- he's getting the same change now as w would have gotten without an education first mentality. 

​We're criticizing the FO for getting guys they could have gotten later in the draft for the sole purpose of not having to pay them full slot $

​you literally have no idea who they could have gotten when.  you personally have never seen any of these players play.  Supposedly Naylor had moved into the first round discussion before the draft.

again, it is stupid to criticize this draft and even the scouts who have seen these kids are pretty much guessing.

Again, Colin Moran.

​you literally have no idea who they could have gotten when.  you personally have never seen any of these players play.  Supposedly Naylor had moved into the first round discussion before the draft.

again, it is stupid to criticize this draft and even the scouts who have seen these kids are pretty much guessing.

Again, Colin Moran.

​I know they could have gotten Daz Cameron No 37 which was the competitive balance pick they traded for a shitty ass RP (they wouldnt pay for him regardless).

Why are you defending the marlins FO? they are clearly signing under slot players. What's the problem? 

2010 no 37- Taylor Lindsey

2009 no 37- James Paxton

2008 no 37-Conor gilaspie

2007 no 37- Travis D'Arnaud

2006 no 37- Adrian Cardenas

2005 no 37- Trevor Bell

2004 no 37- Jon Poterson

2003 no 37- Adam Jones

2002 no 37- Steve Obenchain

Adam Jones is great and the rest are meh or never made the bigs.  Stop fucking crying.