So Dee Gordon Dislocated his thumb today....

and to think the fish made it through spring training with almost no injuries if memory serves correct.  this has truly been an absolute NIGHTMARE of a season.  i NEVER would have seen this coming.  after the offseason they had I was seeing some light at the end of the tunnel but as they say, sometimes that light is an oncoming train = (

and to think the fish made it through spring training with almost no injuries if memory serves correct.  this has truly been an absolute NIGHTMARE of a season.  i NEVER would have seen this coming.  after the offseason they had I was seeing some light at the end of the tunnel but as they say, sometimes that light is an oncoming train = (

And boy what a train...

I don't feel bad for professional baseball players who slide into 1B when their team has the 2nd worst win percentage in all of baseball.

The 8 year olds I coach know better than to dive head first into 1B.

Sliding head first into first base is not a good idea.  However, to say that their record has anything to do with his hustle is dumb.  They're not supposed to play hard because the team is having a bad season?  That's nonsense.

Guest Vince0926
The hate Dee is getting for making a mistake in the heat of the moment is ridiculous. 

yup. Maybe it just wasnt meant to be. Im looking forward to the marlins friday. Not monday or tuesday. I hope he recovers in time for saturday at least.

Sliding head first into first base is not a good idea.  However, to say that their record has anything to do with his hustle is dumb.  They're not supposed to play hard because the team is having a bad season?  That's nonsense.

so risk serious injury in a game that has zero playoff implications (a week before your the sole representative for your team in the All Star game). Sound logic. 

The hate Dee is getting for making a mistake in the heat of the moment is ridiculous. 

I don't have a problem with it. It was a reckless move with little benefit. Poor baserunning strategy even if the Marlins games had greater weight or implications.

Tommy Hutton was also completely right today when he flew off the handle after Hech slid face first into home when the plate was blocked.

I think the slide was a dumb move but I can't fault Dee the same way you couldn't fault Dontrelle when he would do his head first slides. It's just the way they play the game.

Head first slides into first are different than other head first slides. Anyone who does what Dee did is playing the game the wrong way. I think it's been mostly proven that it doesn't even provide the runner an advantage because it's a force play.