Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

To Sign or not, Ichiro

What do you think about to sign Ichiro next season? 55 members have voted

  1. 1. What do you think about to sign Ichiro next season?

    • Yes, no doubt about it. He will be a good mentor for young guys. Wish Mr. 3000 as a marlin. 
      45%
      25
    • 50-50, whatever. Fine to add ichiro but didn't care even unsigned. 
      23%
      13
    • No, worthless. There is no room for OPS .600 below player. I don't care about 3000 hits. 
      30%
      17

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I know Ichiro was good mentor and show some veteran leadership. But his record has showed negative sign.

 

Via fangraphs.com, his -0.4 war was listed near bottom among min 300 PA players. 

 

Miami Marlins is not a charity baseball team. So I'm asking what do you think about signing ichiro again.

 

 

Loria actually is a charity, we give him our money and get nothing tangible in return.

 

 

I'm not letting my actual thoughts on his playing abilities cloud my judgment about this situation. He's looking for 3,000, he's an amazing teammate, the FO likes him. He'll be back regardless of skill.

 

 

They need to keep Ichiro and turn Casey McGhee into some sort of coach. 

 

Hopefully one that drives away very fast and doesn't come back.

 

 

If Ichiro is the 25th guy on the roster, he's a great fit. Leadership, experience, and so on will help the team a lot more than his play on the field. The problem lies in him making more starts than anyone else and having that .600 OPS in the lineup more often than not.

 

 

I'd like it better if Ichiro and Casey were the 26th and 27th members of the roster. Like they're on the team but don't play. It's their mouths and brains that make them useful down here, not their playing skills. Maybe they could be put on the 60 day DL all year. That seriously would be the best use of them.

 

 

I don't see why McGehee serves any purpose whatsoever, either as a player or a coach.

 

Because he cried when Matt Duffy replaced him.

 

 

That's all he'd be I'm sure

 

but then would he get enough at-bats to break the record?  because otherwise meh...

 

he's gotten roughly the same plate appearances as Justin Bour this season, which is too much if his hitting has dropped off this bad.

 

around 66 hits still needed - at the rate he's going he'll need over 300 plate appearances. I mean I love the guy but I'll pass.  It's not like people will think of Ichiro as a Marlin just because he got the final 5% or whatever of his career hits in a Miami uni.

 

 

Whomever the new manager is will have to have Ichiro on the team whether he likes it or not.

 

I am 98% convinced Loria wants 3000 to happen in a Marlin uniform, no matter how long it takes (Ichiro sucking nuts down the stretch really sucks for the 2016 Marlins)

 

 

Whomever the new manager is will have to have Ichiro on the team whether he likes it or not.

 

I am 98% convinced Loria wants 3000 to happen in a Marlin uniform, no matter how long it takes (Ichiro sucking nuts down the stretch really sucks for the 2016 Marlins)

 

100% he wants it to happen in a Marlins uniform and is prepared to overpay to make that happen if needed

 

 

100% he wants it to happen in a Marlins uniform and is prepared to overpay to make that happen if needed

 

Ironically he might not have to overpay at all.

 

 

100% he wants it to happen in a Marlins uniform and is prepared to overpay to make that happen if needed

 

Mariners on line 1.

 

Honestly I think it would be cool for him to go back and do it there.

 

 

Mariners on line 1.

 

Honestly I think it would be cool for him to go back and do it there.

 

from what i understand that ship sailed long ago.

 

i guess with the new management in place it could happen.  But then again the ownership remains the same, which was supposedly where the real issues were....

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.