July 25, 2016: Phillies @ Marlins, 7:10 PM

I've always wondered if this is actually possible. There's probably a list of reasons why it wouldn't ever happen but I guess it *could* happen.

If it happens in the morning, I think it could. Once its a few hours before the game, he'd probably just end up scratched and unavailable to either team.

If it happens in the morning, I think it could. Once its a few hours before the game, he'd probably just end up scratched and unavailable to either team.

Yeah you're probably right but my biggest reason why it wouldn't happen would be the GMs, or at least one of them, refusing to agree to the deal on time as a strategic move. In this case it'd be the Marlins acquiring the better player (at the moment) so you'd think the Phillies would owe it to themselves to delay the deal long enough to prevent Hellickson from being able to start for the Marlins. I dunno, just thinking out loud.

Yeah you're probably right but my biggest reason why it wouldn't happen would be the GMs, or at least one of them, refusing to agree to the deal on time as a strategic move. In this case it'd be the Marlins acquiring the better player (at the moment) so you'd think the Phillies would owe it to themselves to delay the deal long enough to prevent Hellickson from being able to start for the Marlins. I dunno, just thinking out loud.

Very valid point

I'm going to the game. Honestly, I know Cosart has been terrible but I wasn't looking forward to watching Chen give up HR's.  

It will be weird if Hellickson beats us (again) and then the Marlins trade for him in 4 days.