Teixeira to the Marlins?

Admin

Although I'm fully supportive of Ichiro being on the team and I like the way Bonds panned out. I went them back next season.

Ichiro has a 2 mil team option so unless he retires I am sure he will be back. He has made it known he wants to keep playing 

If it's an outfield spot though, would you prefer Gomez or Ichiro though?  I'd rather just stick with Ichiro.  Gomez is only 30 and two years from some good seasons but he dropped off a cliff lately and apparently he's also an asshole.  And he doesn't seem to be the outfield wizard he used to be.  So he what, platoons with Ichiro?  We'd still have Johnson at 1b?  Ugh.

I hate clinging to defense but it really is our only team strength at the moment and I worry about shuffling fielders around and sacrificing defense just to get slightly less shitty offense.  Dunno, maybe he finds his swing again.  These are all pretty miserable options.

If it's an outfield spot though, would you prefer Gomez or Ichiro though?  I'd rather just stick with Ichiro.  Gomez is only 30 and two years from some good seasons but he dropped off a cliff lately and apparently he's also an asshole.  And he doesn't seem to be the outfield wizard he used to be.  So he what, platoons with Ichiro?  We'd still have Johnson at 1b?  Ugh.

I hate clinging to defense but it really is our only team strength at the moment and I worry about shuffling fielders around and sacrificing defense just to get slightly less shitty offense.  Dunno, maybe he finds his swing again.  These are all pretty miserable options.

Ichiro has played well enough this season to deserve starting everyday. I'd take him as the starting RFer until the end of the season.