45 members have voted

1. 1. Fish of the Year

• Jose Fernandez
    • Martin Prado
    • Christian Yelich
    • J.T. Realmuto
    • A.J. Ramos
    • Other (Reply with choice)

There is a little room for discussion, Yelich had a 5.1 WAR to Jose's 4.7 which really isn't arguable, factoring an everyday player against someone that plays every five days and then having to  dismiss the passing of Jose and also if given the option I would have split my vote between the two, but since I can't  I gotta go with Yelly.

There is a little room for discussion, Yelich had a 5.1 WAR to Jose's 4.7 which really isn't arguable, factoring an everyday player against someone that plays every five days and then having to  dismiss the passing of Jose and also if given the option I would have split my vote between the two, but since I can't  I gotta go with Yelly.

if you go by FG WAR (imo is the best) is 6.2 jose to yelich 4.0. Jose in a landslide either way

there is an arguable case, terrible tragedy aside, that jose could get the Cy. to think prado or yelich had a better year than him is really...silly

I fully agree. It is a shame that people will say he only won cause he died if he wins it. He really did have a superb season.

If Stanton played like his 2012 self all the time, him and Yelich would be such a force to reckon with in the lineup. 

Jose Fernandez was the team's best player this year, and I'm honestly not factoring for the tragedy. Him and Yelich were clearly ahead of the rest of the team, and Jose gets the nod for the simple fact that he was keeping a starting rotation that is otherwise bottom 3 in baseball without him afloat in a playoff race. 

The starting rotation next season is going to be rough next season and honestly the next three or four years until they start hitting on draft picks (Dillon Peters being the one minor league arm I think could become a regular starter).

This is a trick question, right? Outside of Adam Conley when he was healthy, we had exactly one SP we could count on all year. Jose pitched 29 times, and we won 18 of those games. And if Mathis and Hech were playing, he probably could have hit seventh. You can talk about WAR for a pitcher vs. a hitter, or how hitters are more valuable than starters, but on this team a replacement starter was worse than your average fill-in. Yelich was terrific, as was Ozuna in he first half. But at not-quite full strength Jose was clearly our best player.