April 4, 20179 yr What did Nelson say? Tore up both Phelps and JT for poor pitch selection and said he wouldn't have pulled Volquez. Nothing out of this world but he was very straight forward in his criticism. He really didn't hold back. He also wasn't being unreasonable. He said he knew it was just game 1 and there was no reason to make a big deal of it but that it was a game we could have won so It does hurt. It was refreshing to hear. He's probably fired by tomorrow morning lol.
April 4, 20179 yr Thinking about all the different ways this team will find to lose this season is fascinating. Who wins the head to head match up this year: Miami or San Diego? go!
April 4, 20179 yr Author Who wins the head to head match up this year: Miami or San Diego? [ATTACH]1074[/ATTACH]
April 4, 20179 yr Idk how you can criticize Hollandsworth after a year of Preston, Perez, and Leiter. I understand he's not Tommy but come on I thought he was great.
April 4, 20179 yr I agree that Hollandsworth was decent in the booth. He's articulate and I reckon will strike up a good rapport with Rich. He's not going to have the same fire as Tommy but he's a proper commentator unlike some of the people we've had to listen to in recent years.
April 4, 20179 yr Felt like Volquez could have gone another inning. Regardless when Adam Lind was coming to bat this when we should have made the pitching change and brought in someone like Tazawa. If we don't have a LOOGY then bring in the guy that is effective against them at least. Yeah its Game 1 but it sucks anyway. Don managed the bullpen horribly. Bullpen could be mega elite it won't matter if it isn't managed properly.
April 4, 20179 yr i'm still baffled 1) putting phelps in against the heart of their order which is all very good lefties 2) actually having him take an at bat in a 1 run game. These are both really bad managerial moves
April 4, 20179 yr These are both really bad managerial moves Yeah this was a winnable game which kinda feels worse because we literally had a chance to beat the best team in our division in their ballpark on opening day... but it all feels like it could have been prevented with better managing.
April 4, 20179 yr i'm still baffled 1) putting phelps in against the heart of their order which is all very good lefties 2) actually having him take an at bat in a 1 run game. These are both really bad managerial moves Yup, can't forget about that one.
April 4, 20179 yr A question that needs to be asked too... would Hunter Cervenka really have gotten Adam Lind out last night? People say we need a lefty in the pen but the one realistic option right now isn't even that good.
April 4, 20179 yr A question that needs to be asked too... would Hunter Cervenka really have gotten Adam Lind out last night? People say we need a lefty in the pen but the one realistic option right now isn't even that good. there was no reason for bearclaw not to be in there. he owns lefties
April 4, 20179 yr Author Yeah this was a winnable game which kinda feels worse because we literally had a chance to beat the best team in our division in their ballpark on opening day... but it all feels like it could have been prevented with better managing. News flash: Mattingly is a pretty bad in-game manager. This was true during his Dodger days as well.
April 4, 20179 yr We are 1-5 our last 6 opening days. This team has also gotten off to very poor starts the last two seasons. They desperately need to avoid that.
April 4, 20179 yr Inflection and excitement. That is how I can 'criticize him'. (re: Hollandsworth) I found his voice boring. That is MY opinion.
April 4, 20179 yr Author Inflection and excitement. That is how I can 'criticize him'. (re: Hollandsworth) I found his voice boring. That is MY opinion. It is good we have differing opinions here. If everyone agreed, we'd have nothing to discuss.
April 4, 20179 yr Hech had a lot of hard hit balls that were caught last year and he had another one this game unfortunately. I'm not saying he's a .300 hitter but he did have some shitty luck last year and it seems to have carried over. One positive from this game is that they didn't really strike out a ton and were putting the ball in play a lot more. They actually had several hard hit balls that unfortunately carried right to assorted Nats players. I agree. Hech at least hit the ball hard, Gordon I'm not very confident in. Spot on with your second paragraph.
April 4, 20179 yr It is good we have differing opinions here. If everyone agreed, we'd have nothing to discuss. I agree with this. Close the thread.
April 4, 20179 yr Author Inflection and excitement. That is how I can 'criticize him'. (re: Hollandsworth) I found his voice boring. That is MY opinion. And the marbles stuffed in Eduardo's mouth don't bother you?
April 4, 20179 yr Author I agree with this. Close the thread. I disagree with this. Leave the thread open. I agree with both of you
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.