Marlins Man's Guest Flashes Pitcher

You're hero is a guy who is so lonely that he pays for people to come sit in ridiculously expensive seats next to him so he won't be sitting by himself while he plays on his phone for 85% of the game?

I think a few of your guys deep hate for anyone with money is influencing your feelings. 

Who would  be able to find friends and family to go to that many base all games in a city that hates baseball? Oh, and do it for like 20 years. So if I wanted to go to that many baseball games and not sit by myself, I'd start doing the same thing. It's called making new/more friends. You can take afford to roll that way, but he can. No need to be so butthurt about it.

I go to about a dozen games a year and spend time at the games on my phone. So what? It's fucking baseball where every player has a ritual for every pitch thrown. MM has been to more games than  most of you have partially watched on TV. If he doesn't want to sit there eyes wide filling in a scorecard for a fucking Marlins game, so what? Aside from 97, 03, and 09, what do you think is more entertaining? Candy crush or the Marlins? It's Candy crush. 

Dude is wealthy, knows, it donates it, takes people to diamond club when otherwise they'd never get a chance to go, and you guys cry about him being on his phone. Lol. So jealous. 

I think a few of your guys deep hate for anyone with money is influencing your feelings. 

Who would  be able to find friends and family to go to that many base all games in a city that hates baseball? Oh, and do it for like 20 years. So if I wanted to go to that many baseball games and not sit by myself, I'd start doing the same thing. It's called making new/more friends. You can take afford to roll that way, but he can. No need to be so butthurt about it.

I go to about a dozen games a year and spend time at the games on my phone. So what? It's fucking baseball where every player has a ritual for every pitch thrown. MM has been to more games than  most of you have partially watched on TV. If he doesn't want to sit there eyes wide filling in a scorecard for a fucking Marlins game, so what? Aside from 97, 03, and 09, what do you think is more entertaining? Candy crush or the Marlins? It's Candy crush. 

Dude is wealthy, knows, it donates it, takes people to diamond club when otherwise they'd never get a chance to go, and you guys cry about him being on his phone. Lol. So jealous. 

If all of us weren't so damn perfect I would agree with your last point about jealousy.

Whatever, I don't mind the guy at all.  He does a ton for charity.  If he wants to be on the phone, oh well - as he said, the marlins have sucked for a long time now.  they still get his money.  I'm fairly certain the Marlins would "settle" for 30k+ a night in the stands even if they were on their phones for 80% of the time.

I met him once at Wrigley. Seemed like a nice enough guy. The money aspect doesn't bother me. It's just the trying to steal the spotlight. It annoyed me when he blatantly stole the spotlight from that painter who did the Stanton painting for the auctions two years ago. 

That one time with the painter and the times he's posted his "upcoming schedule" are the two specific things that irk me the most about him.

What thing with the painter?

During one of those fox sports fantasy auctions where people call in and bid for things and the money goes to charity, they had an artist making a big painting of Giancarlo literally during the game, an amazing idea for a broadcast to be honest, and people were bidding on the painting... Marlins Man was in attendance and was bidding like crazy on this putting up a shitload of money and it got to the point that the artist spoke about his life and stuff and he got emotional that his art was bringing in this much money and the guy was basically in tears of happiness it was very touching really but Marlins Man is basically repeatedly butting in on camera hogging the interview time with Minervini and repeatedly mentioning how much he loves giving back to charity and the community etc etc and the whole thing just came off like a huge attention grabbing Me Me Me move when this, with all due respect "starving artist" is there trying to take in the most successful moment of his life and this douche is stealing the spotlight. The "story" of that night/that moment was not about him but he was trying to make it about him.

If anyone remembers this differently please chime in but that's how I remember it.

I'm sure squall will say who cares he was hogging the spotlight because at least he was giving tremendous money to charity but there's just something odd about the whole thing. There are ways to give and be a good person without rubbing it in people's faces. And again, I don't think he does this on purpose, it's just his personality but man does it make me wanna kick him in the balls.

Click here for video...

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/06/04/128582868/painting-of-giancarlo-stanton-earns-25k-for-charity

6086c9ce56df8b10f6fbc9f18cfda131.jpg&key=6f6d2bffc923e46deb4d8aa4e2ea347f1a4ec30e6206635943c0c20331ce1783

Hey everyone look at how I bid on everything!

72c7ada315ee141b455019d5412480cc.jpg&key=6fc2d95f3a648d22d80cf57caa6d83cceee5f70a87acaba6579d26350b14f668

Looking back on the footage now I'm not even sure if Marlins Man was the winning bidder, he bid on several things and they wrote Marlins Man on the boards but for the painting it just said Anonymous. So maybe it wasn't even him and it's even more annoying that he's trying to jump in the spotlight there.

Looking back on the footage now I'm not even sure if Marlins Man was the winning bidder, he bid on several things and they wrote Marlins Man on the boards but for the painting it just said Anonymous. So maybe it wasn't even him and it's even more annoying that he's trying to jump in the spotlight there.

He didn't win the painting. He won several other things though. It further bothers me when he refers to Marlins Man Fans and the Marlins Man Mermaids. 

I didn't know he said things like Marlins Man Fans.

if that's true than HE'S MY HERO. 

I guess you need to meet more people in your life. He doesn't have any fans. Most of it is people who approach him at games hoping to get free tickets behind home. Like I said nice enough guy. But you can contribute to charity privately. 

I met him this year during Opening a day. He's not a bad guy at all. Talked to him about how we think the Jose mural should be moved inside to avoid it getting damaged in the light of the recent Jose news.

As for the things with his "friends", it's his money and his seats. He can do with them what he wants. The thing with the boobs, he wasn't even there.

Guy also gives seats to people he meets on his way into games who are sitting in home tub porch or bullpen reserved. He's really not a bad person.