December 7, 20178 yr There's no way he's a 3. 4/5 at best. But I've come to expect that fish20 is going to drastically overrate every prospect the Marlins acquire during the rebuild. youre the king of the disingenuously crafted argument made with limited information and made to shit on anything the marlins do for the sake of argument.
December 7, 20178 yr Author I AM LEAVING FUCK CHEAP ASS JETER BYE!!!! Man relax u sound like taiwanmarlin
December 7, 20178 yr The HR for Jose is probably my favorite non-playoff related Marlins moment of all time.
December 7, 20178 yr I just checked the returns. I think we could receive more than these ones for Dee Gordon and slot money.
December 7, 20178 yr You're lying about the first part and haven't given a convincing reason to ignore the scout's comments on lack of a breaking pitch arsenal and limited potential. He put up a solid year in high A sure, but combine that with what that scout said and the stumble in AA, you are being far too optimistic if you are going to call him an "interesting" or "exciting" prospect. Torres has been graded as a C+ prospect. In other words, nothing special. I'm not saying these guys are worthless or will never contribute, but you are exaggerating their upside to an obscene degree. im not lying about the first part. I actually know prospects around the league. Just because you dont know anything about guys doesnt mean everyone has that same lack of knowledge. I dont really even feel like arguing about this with you who just heard about the guy an hour ago and is just trying to argue for arguments sake and split hairs.
December 7, 20178 yr Well, I'm not the one making comically empty statements like "the haul is going to be great, guys, believe me!" You've been entirely on your own with all of the nonsense you've been spewing here about how the rebuild is going to pan out. and it will be. youll see.
December 7, 20178 yr All I know about this trade is... 1. I don’t get why we keep trading int’l money. 2. Glad they took Dee’s contract. 3. Thank you Dee for one of the best moments in Marlins history. I’ll always like Dee even if he took steroids.
December 7, 20178 yr Your posts here aren't the posts of someone who has knowledge of prospects from around the league. in your opinion. and your opinion isnt informed.
December 7, 20178 yr All I know about this trade is... 1. I don’t get why we keep trading int’l money. 2. Glad they took Dee’s contract. 3. Thank you Dee for one of the best moments in Marlins history. I’ll always like Dee even if he took steroids. not much left to spend the money on this year, so we continue to get enhanced packages by including a million here and there for teams that want to get as much money as ohtani. If this continues into next years pool then it will be an issue.
December 7, 20178 yr By the way, Torres almost signed with the Yankees for 2.1 mill back in the day. Seems like he’s the most intriguing prospect in the trade despite current prospect rankings. Makes me think Denbo had something to do with this again.
December 7, 20178 yr By the way, Torres almost signed with the Yankees for 2.1 mill back in the day. Seems like he’s the most intriguing prospect in the trade despite current prospect rankings. Makes me think Denbo had something to do with this again. his numbers last year with the bat are certainly intriguing. showed solid power despite limited playing time, youth, and being known more for his glove than his bat.
December 8, 20178 yr Great, now can we trade someone and get a good return for once? Yelich, anyone? Ozuna? Realmuto? Please?
December 8, 20178 yr Author [ATTACH]1665._xfImport[/ATTACH] Crazy to think how much of this tough offseason is still tied to Jose's mistake.
December 8, 20178 yr This is a good haul, Neidert is considered an elite prospect but a bit old: It’s never a “good haul” when the team rebuilding sends $1 million in International Free Agent slot money.
December 8, 20178 yr and we cut all the salary from a player in Dee who i didnt think was all that spectacular anyway. Just a 12.4 WAR the last 4 seasons.
December 8, 20178 yr I wouldn't go that far. I agree None of these guys are anywhere to major league ready Torres is a decent prospect but is quite a way off from playing in the majors His glove is way ahead of his bat (Mariners top organizational SS) Neidert looks to have good potential, he is the Mariners top pitching prospect but was slammed when promoted to AA He combines 4 pitches high 80s to low 90s fastball Dummer is a nice 20 y/o arm lots of Ks but also lots of dingers
December 8, 20178 yr Longenhagen had a 45 on neidert and a 40 on torres. No elite guys but good depth guys that have the chance to make the majors in some role. They need 50+ prospects to really start the rebuild but it is always good to have more depth.
December 8, 20178 yr Neidert has an injury in double a. He was actually shut down because of it. It was something minor apparently though. Torres is a good defender, walks, has some pop, and steals bases. That is very good. If he puts the bat on the ball more and cuts the Ks. They might have something there.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.