Dee Gordon traded to the Seattle Mariners

SilverBullet

Per Ken Rosenthal 

Gordon to the Mariners for RHP Nick Neidert (Seattle's #2 prospect), IF Christopher Torres (#7 prospect), and RHP Robert Dugger. Seattle picks up the entirety of the $38 million remaining on Gordon's contract. Marlins also send $1 million in international pool money. 

Mariners wanted to get better on the basepaths and plan to play Gordon in center field not second base. 

This is a good haul, Neidert is considered an elite prospect but a bit old:

Nick Niedert - Eliteprospects.com

www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=24143

Eliteprospects.com hockey player profile of Nick Niedert, 1982-06-16 Hudson, IA, USA USA. Most recently in the FHL with Carolina Thunderbirds. Complete player biography and stats.

Didn't think I'd react this way but I feel like I'm not caring so much about Gordon leaving (though I'll miss him) or about what the return is... I'm feeling more like excited that the steps to the rebuild are finally happening. I know this is gonna be bumpy but it kinda feels like we just started the engines and it's like "allright let's do this!" 

Also super happy to read they took the entire contract.