2018 Spring Training Uniform Changes

SilverBullet

A change from the last few seasons. Instead of the black jerseys being the spring training uniforms, this year the Marlins will be wearing the red-orange jerseys for spring training games. Haven't seen them in action yet but with most spring games being afternoon games in bright daylight I'd imagine this change will look way better even though the black ones didn't look bad in the past. Thoughts? Better or worse?

2018 jersey and cap:

[ATTACH]1753._xfImport[/ATTACH]

2017:

[ATTACH]1750._xfImport[/ATTACH]

(Also, for the record, this pic above is the last time anyone ever saw Junichi Tazawa smile)

image.thumb.png.bdca8c1104dc2d2252a433d62ba7030f.png

image.png.ab58375be95950ee8a5d810c1c2cb761.png

When I opened this thread, I was curious what I would find inside of it. Let me start by saying, I entered with no previous assumptions. I saw the thread title truncated on the index and it piqued my interest. Would I find that blue jersey the team had sold? Would it be some new mix for the 25th anniversary perhaps? Low and behold, it was the old firebrick jersey which I do adore. Even though I would prefer a re-branding, that jersey is sleek and I do love that it says "Marlins" instead of "Miami".

I hope the new look will carry this tradition next year and we will only wear the city name on the road like most teams. It was quite odd to wear a "Miami" jersey while playing in palm beach during the spring.

Thank for sharing this information with us [uSER=2328]@SilverBullet1929[/uSER]. 

When I opened this thread, I was curious what I would find inside of it. Let me start by saying, I entered with no previous assumptions. I saw the thread title truncated on the index and it piqued my interest. Would I find that blue jersey the team had sold? Would it be some new mix for the 25th anniversary perhaps? Low and behold, it was the old firebrick jersey which I do adore. Even though I would prefer a re-branding, that jersey is sleek and I do love that it says "Marlins" instead of "Miami".

I hope the new look will carry this tradition next year and we will only wear the city name on the road like most teams. It was quite odd to wear a "Miami" jersey while playing in palm beach during the spring.

Thank for sharing this information with us [uSER=2328]@SilverBullet1929[/uSER]. 

I was half kidding about the short responses but thanks anyways lol. 

As for the Miami wordmark on 3 of our 4 jerseys, I get why it's there (to drill home the 2012 rebranding and the name change and to finally promote the city over the state) and I have no problem with it (because it isn't ugly) but I do agree that it's odd and do think that it should eventually be changed.

I think there have been some instances where the home team wears the city name at home, but is rare. Dodgers have an alternate that says Los Angeles while at home if I remember right. Brooklyn Dodgers used to have Brooklyn at home, which is likely why LA introduced it as an alternate.  I could be remembering this all wrong.

I think there have been some instances where the home team wears the city name at home, but is rare. Dodgers have an alternate that says Los Angeles while at home if I remember right. Brooklyn Dodgers used to have Brooklyn at home, which is likely why LA introduced it as an alternate.  I could be remembering this all wrong.

I think the you have the Dodgers one wrong but I can't say for sure. The most obvious example is the Rangers that have TEXAS on every jersey and Rangers on none of them. 

I think the you have the Dodgers one wrong but I can't say for sure. The most obvious example is the Rangers that have TEXAS on every jersey and Rangers on none of them. 

Forgot all about them. Cardinals may have an alternate that says Saint Louis at home too or that may have been in the same dream as my Dodgers one.

I agree.

I really like them promoting the Marlins name more on the jerseys. I like the look of the black jerseys more though.

Dodgers have never wear LA in their home jerseys Just on the road, they wear LA on their sleeve to copycat the Giants. . Can't speak abut the Brooklyn days but It might happened in their earlier days 

Id have to imagine this is due to how hot the black jerseys would be during day games in spring training.

Actually not the case. With all the technology put into all these uniforms the last several years the heat isn't really an issue for them anymore. Or at least not as much as in the past when they just wore heavy old style jerseys. 

Actually not the case. With all the technology put into all these uniforms the last several years the heat isn't really an issue for them anymore. Or at least not as much as in the past when they just wore heavy old style jerseys. 

true.  I was just thinking about how badly ive been destroyed by the sun in the games ive gone to at roger dean in the past.

MLB has been using lighter air thru jerseys for SP games since the late 70's I believe. Also teams wore trucker adjustable caps. All these new materials are making players look like wimps. Bring back the old double knit 

If I worked for MLB Shop I'd tell you this is a great time to invest in a brand new COOL BASE Marlins jersey!

last time i bought a marlins jersey was miguel cabrera and they traded him that offseason.  I dont like wearing mlb jerseys anyways so i stick with general team gear.