MLBPA files grievance over revenue sharing

Admin

The Pirates with an excellent "shove-up-your-ass" statement in response to the grievance...

A statement issued Tuesday by Pirates president Frank Coonelly:

"The MLBPA's grievance against the Pirates is patently baseless. We look forward to demonstrating as much to the Arbitrator if the MLBPA continues to pursue this meritless claim. As indicated when the MLBPA first expressed its "concern" in a press release, the Pirates have always invested its revenue sharing receipts in a manner entirely consistent with the Basic Agreement. As previously indicated, our revenue sharing receipts have decreased for seven consecutive seasons while our Major League payroll has more than doubled over this same period. Our revenue sharing receipts are now just a fraction of what we spend on Major League payroll. We also have made significant investments in scouting, signing amateur players, our player development system and our baseball facilities. It is regrettable and that the MLBPA would react to a free agent market that is apparently not to its liking by filing a frivolous grievance against a Club that has continued to invest heavily in all areas of its Baseball Operations notwithstanding steadily diminishing revenue sharing receipts."

could the Marlins say the same thing ?

I'm sure there's something similar they could say but that Pirates statement had some pretty specific details about their revenue sharing receipts in relation to their payroll numbers, which was my favorite part of the statement. How they say their payroll has doubled while their revenue sharing numbers have decreased. If that's true the MLBPA is so full of it using this weak free agent market as a basis for a grievance. 

I'm sure there's something similar they could say but that Pirates statement had some pretty specific details about their revenue sharing receipts in relation to their payroll numbers, which was my favorite part of the statement. How they say their payroll has doubled while their revenue sharing numbers have decreased. If that's true the MLBPA is so full of it using this weak free agent market as a basis for a grievance. 

Wholly ignores that their national revenues have increased by the same amount or more as their payroll has gone up.

The Pirates are a fucking joke.

Cheaper ownership than Loria ever was.  When Loria saw something that looked like playoffs he at least 'went for it'.  Very poorly generally but went for it still.

Pirates never did shit really.

so now you like Loria?

No pretty sure.

Luckily you dont know more about me or I'd be more concerned.  

Ok cool. Still not sure why you think I'm obsessed with you. Plenty of others here mention you a lot more than I do. Matter of fact I've been here so long and post plenty enough that I'm pretty sure I mention, bring up, talk to, and joke with/about virtually every single member on here. Not sure why you think you're the one I'm singling out. But if helps boost your ego then by all means run with it. 

Ok cool. Still not sure why you think I'm obsessed with you. Plenty of others here mention you a lot more than I do. Matter of fact I've been here so long and post plenty enough that I'm pretty sure I mention, bring up, talk to, and joke with/about virtually every single member on here. Not sure why you think you're the one I'm singling out. But if helps boost your ego then by all means run with it. 

Shit... You run with IT

[ATTACH]1796._xfImport[/ATTACH]

Screenshot_20180302-194400.thumb.png.74e8dbe8901457e35e8abe1d08fc7f18.png

You've become extra obsessed with ole Das ever since Jeter took over.

Fact.