Conley, Peters, Garcia among cuts

SonOfJack

These are significant moves.

At the start of spring my predicted rotation after Straily and Urena was Conley Peters and Chen and now none are making the opening day roster. This better not mean Alcantara makes the team though I don't think that's clear yet either way. It could easily be three from Despaigne Turner Nicolino and/or a late camp pick up who was cut by another team.

These are significant moves.

At the start of spring my predicted rotation after Straily and Urena was Conley Peters and Chen and now none are making the opening day roster. This better not mean Alcantara makes the team though I don't think that's clear yet either way. It could easily be three from Despaigne Turner Nicolino and/or a late camp pick up who was cut by another team.

Despaigne looks pretty good, and this is starting to feel to me Ca. Smith gets the # 4 spot because of his Yankees pedigree (and getting a lefty look in rotation). That's fine.

The team needs a 5th starter about 5 times until May 15th. I think they should go with a 4 man rotation and have 5 built in bullpen days. They can easily figure that out, especially because you can option up and down someone.

Straily, Urena, Despaigne, Ca. Smith (Chen DL)

Ziegler, Barraclough, Steckenrider (Wittgren DL)

O'Grady, Tazawa, J. Turner, E. Hernandez, Nicolino, and pick a guy on the 40 man, let's go with T. Guerrero.

Best case scenario is still signing a veteran innings eater (Hellickson?), pushing Ca. Smith to the bullpen, and Smith/O'Grady are guys with an option left if they need a fresh arm (Peters, Conley, Garcia) to call up and down, or just start the DFA's with Nicolino if he doesn't figure it out.

So according to my calculations the last three rotation spots are between these guys...

Sandy Alcantara, Odrisamer Despaigne, Justin Nicolino, Jacob Turner, Brett Graves, Elieser Hernandez, Caleb Smith, Chris O'Grady, "late spring pick up cut from another team"

Today's moves probably really make Despaigne and Turner favorites to get spots, Alcantara deserves it based on performance but shouldn't be chosen for obvious service time concerns, Nicolino being out of options is huge with Conley and Garcia being cut it kinda makes him the only real lefty option now, Graves is probably out since he has an injury, Hernandez' chance is boosted by being a rule 5 guy, O'Grady has an outside shot but is more likely headed to the bullpen which is again boosted by the Conley and Garcia cuts, the late spring pick up is obviously a wild card...

Interested to see how they settle this...