Caleb Smith and Odrisamer Despaigne make Opening Day roster

SilverBullet

An observation: for all the shit talk about the Marlins being a bunch of nobodies and a minor league team... not one single person on the opening day roster hasn't already debuted in the majors. 

Anyone continuing the stupid joke of "Who are these guys?" just hasn't paid attention to roster moves and likely couldn't name several guys on last year's opening day roster either. Even still, take any team in the majors and there are plenty of guys that casual fans of that team don't know their names. 

I think they both suck, but Caleb Smith has more upside than Despaigne. 

I think Despaigne isnt a terrible option after seeing him last year.  Wont ever be anything special but is fine enough to kill a couple months in the rotation without being abysmal.  I was higher on Caleb Smith before spring training but hopefully he was just working on some stuff.   Again though im cool with giving him some rotation time for a couple months to kill some time.

An observation: for all the shit talk about the Marlins being a bunch of nobodies and a minor league team... not one single person on the opening day roster hasn't already debuted in the majors. 

Anyone continuing the stupid joke of "Who are these guys?" just hasn't paid attention to roster moves and likely couldn't name several guys on last year's opening day roster either. Even still, take any team in the majors and there are plenty of guys that casual fans of that team don't know their names. 

I’m a diehard Marlins fan and I have no clue who Caleb Smith is.  And Dillon Fucking Peters is pitching the 4th game of the season. 

Stop pretending that this is normal and everyone who is like “Caleb Who?” is an asshole.  

I’m a diehard Marlins fan and I have no clue who Caleb Smith is.  And Dillon Fucking Peters is pitching the 4th game of the season. 

Stop pretending that this is normal and everyone who is like “Caleb Who?” is an asshole.  

How do YOU not know who Caleb Smith is? You're on here frequently and we've discussed the trade that got him here and his chances of being part of the rotation for months. 

With that said my point wasn't that you had to know everyone on the roster but moreso that every roster has new people on Opening Day and a bunch of people who are gonna make fans say "Caleb who?"

There are fans who are also gonna question the roster of the Astros Yankees Dodgers and Cubs as well. My point was that having new/unknown guys isn't something exclusive to the Marlins. 

How do YOU not know who Caleb Smith is? You're on here frequently and we've discussed the trade that got him here and his chances of being part of the rotation for months. 

With that said my point wasn't that you had to know everyone on the roster but moreso that every roster has new people on Opening Day and a bunch of people who are gonna make fans say "Caleb who?"

There are fans who are also gonna question the roster of the Astros Yankees Dodgers and Cubs as well. My point was that having new/unknown guys isn't something exclusive to the Marlins. 

I interpreted your post as looking down on people who don’t automatically recognize the Caleb Smiths etc of the world.  It’s perfectly ok for 2018 Marlins fans to not know who half of the team is.  

From a Major League Baseball standpoint, our starting rotation is laughable at best to start the season.