Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Logo Coming

Featured Replies

So they had that thing about signing up to get a first look but I saw it and it's just basically signing up for text and email notifications, nothing about any type of event. I'm starting to wonder if they'll do something like send a link to images through text or email like in the middle of the night tonight

 

I signed up for it as well because 

 

A) While I’m still a little worried about the black hat, these colors are FIRE and I want to get 3rd degree burns. 

 

B) if you signed up you will get “discounted” merchandise for a limited time (only at the team store in Miami). 

 

 

So they had that thing about signing up to get a first look but I saw it and it's just basically signing up for text and email notifications, nothing about any type of event. I'm starting to wonder if they'll do something like send a link to images through text or email like in the middle of the night tonight

 

I signed up for it as well because 

 

A) While I’m still a little worried about the black hat, these colors are FIRE and I want to get 3rd degree burns. 

 

B) if you signed up you will get “discounted” merchandise for a limited time (only at the team store in Miami). 

 

 

Maybe they do a live stream on Instagram. Perhaps from the Spring Training facility? How far away is that? I can't think of anywhere else since I don't live in Miami.

 

 

Maybe they do a live stream on Instagram. Perhaps from the Spring Training facility? How far away is that? I can't think of anywhere else since I don't live in Miami.

 

 

 

A) While I’m still a little worried about the black hat, these colors are FIRE and I want to get 3rd degree burns. 

 

Your sudden enthusiasm is amazing lol 

 

 

 

A) While I’m still a little worried about the black hat, these colors are FIRE and I want to get 3rd degree burns. 

 

Your sudden enthusiasm is amazing lol 

 

 

Maybe they send out some exclusive pics at 11:15 pm? 

 

curse you ! now i cant go to sleep until 11:30

 

 

Maybe they send out some exclusive pics at 11:15 pm? 

 

curse you ! now i cant go to sleep until 11:30

 

 

I think they're gonna either send the announcement of the event or clues about the time/place to the people who sign up. If they go with the clue route it would be super cool to get a city-wide scavenger hunt of sorts going to get it figured out. That would be GENIUS from a marketing perspective. But then I feel like it would need a little more time for that so it's almost 100% not the case. Either way, can't wait lol

 

 

I think they're gonna either send the announcement of the event or clues about the time/place to the people who sign up. If they go with the clue route it would be super cool to get a city-wide scavenger hunt of sorts going to get it figured out. That would be GENIUS from a marketing perspective. But then I feel like it would need a little more time for that so it's almost 100% not the case. Either way, can't wait lol

 

 

Is the general speculative consensus that fans will be able to purchase new hats (possibly shirts) tommorow at the team store tommorow? 

 

Or will that happen at a later date?

 

 

Is the general speculative consensus that fans will be able to purchase new hats (possibly shirts) tommorow at the team store tommorow? 

 

Or will that happen at a later date?

 

 

I think they're gonna either send the announcement of the event or clues about the time/place to the people who sign up. If they go with the clue route it would be super cool to get a city-wide scavenger hunt of sorts going to get it figured out. That would be GENIUS from a marketing perspective. But then I feel like it would need a little more time for that so it's almost 100% not the case. Either way, can't wait lol

 

Except they're doing it on a Thursday.....when everyone that would go search for stuff (like myself) are at work and can't go...

 

----

 

This isn't going to be a midnight thing is it?  LIke when cars are unveiled they're often embargoed until midnight.

 

 

I think they're gonna either send the announcement of the event or clues about the time/place to the people who sign up. If they go with the clue route it would be super cool to get a city-wide scavenger hunt of sorts going to get it figured out. That would be GENIUS from a marketing perspective. But then I feel like it would need a little more time for that so it's almost 100% not the case. Either way, can't wait lol

 

Except they're doing it on a Thursday.....when everyone that would go search for stuff (like myself) are at work and can't go...

 

----

 

This isn't going to be a midnight thing is it?  LIke when cars are unveiled they're often embargoed until midnight.

 

 

Is the general speculative consensus that fans will be able to purchase new hats (possibly shirts) tommorow at the team store tommorow? 

 

Or will that happen at a later date?

 

In the past it's always been like that for every reveal not just the Marlins so that's expected but with us being hours away nobody knows anymore. The thing that I find weird about making this some last minute even is that media needs to know about this stuff which is why things like this are usually announced at least a day or two before so to have this be some secretive thing is all sorts of screwed up from that side of it. 

 

 

Is the general speculative consensus that fans will be able to purchase new hats (possibly shirts) tommorow at the team store tommorow? 

 

Or will that happen at a later date?

 

In the past it's always been like that for every reveal not just the Marlins so that's expected but with us being hours away nobody knows anymore. The thing that I find weird about making this some last minute even is that media needs to know about this stuff which is why things like this are usually announced at least a day or two before so to have this be some secretive thing is all sorts of screwed up from that side of it. 

 

 

Except they're doing it on a Thursday.....when everyone that would go search for stuff (like myself) are at work and can't go...

 

----

 

This isn't going to be a midnight thing is it?  LIke when cars are unveiled they're often embargoed until midnight.

 

True. On a weekend, I think the Idea would have been cool. And maybe offer a prize to the winner like season tickets....Dang...missed opportunity. We'll see I guess.

 

 

Except they're doing it on a Thursday.....when everyone that would go search for stuff (like myself) are at work and can't go...

 

----

 

This isn't going to be a midnight thing is it?  LIke when cars are unveiled they're often embargoed until midnight.

 

True. On a weekend, I think the Idea would have been cool. And maybe offer a prize to the winner like season tickets....Dang...missed opportunity. We'll see I guess.

 

 

11.11.11 was also a Thursday I specifically remember that. Don't ask me why.

 

Did they have a press conference or anything with that?  I don't remember one.

 

I'll also say, I remember seeing the current logo beforehand and thinking "that's it?"  And not being on board.  I don't have that feeling this go around for whatever reason.  There are things I'd have probably done differently about it, but I don't dislike it like I did with the current set.

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.