New Logo Coming

Bazen

I didnt expect a Miami Vice theme... we're like 30 years past the 80s so at some point that's just a cliche of Miami and is just stupid... so the pink or magenta in there is very jarring to me. With that said I think some tweaks to this logo would go a long way in fixing it. For one i hate the italic slant on the M. What the hell is that? Hopefully there's more colorful versions of the logo too if this is it because damn this is dark. 

that's just a cliche of Miami

I guess we should have expected it for this reason seeing as Jeter's team has made it a priority to remind everyone they play in Miami. City nights, 3:05 PM activation of sculpture next year, cafecito innings, etc.

Every rebrand will have detractors.  But look around town and you see several examples of how you can change uniforms and please enough people to consider it a job well done.

- The Dolphins tweaks to their color scheme this year have elevated their rebrand to where the “go back to the throwbacks” crowd has calmed down quite a bit.

- The changes the Heat made in the late 90s were within the general design concepts of the original, but updates nonetheless.  Also, as pointed out, their VICE line was popular with enough people (and not a permenant switch) to consider it a success.

- Inter Miami’s badge is really sharp.

- The Panthers military inspired redsign is fine I guess.  I doubt their merchandise sales have changed much, but they did manage to keep the leaping panther in their lineup of logos (it’s on their helmet) and it wouldn’t be surprising to see a third jersey with it at some point in time.  The Panthers biggest merchandising problem is that the online offerings are pathetic.  To get a decent selection you have to go to Pantherland at BB&T to get stuff with their second and third logos (which are both good logos).

For some reason everything the Marlins do with their colors and logos causes chaos.  The best brands maintain consistency. 

Fast forward to the year 2032.  The Marlins are sold to a group funded mostly by a faceless old rich guy with Giancarlo Stanton having a minority interest.  Headlines read: Jeter sells Marlins to Stanton.  Stanton as the new “owner” (but not really) wants to bring the throwback orange jerseys back and moves the home run sculpture back inside.  In a controversial move, the team trades Victor Victor Victor Mesa Jr to fund a rebuild.

Anyone else find it weird that not one reporter has commented on this leak? Not Slater, Mish, Frisaro, etc?

I guess it’s just a clickbait article to feed the jackals with nothing better to do than count international pool money and debate the merits of teal and blue.

I guess we should have expected it for this reason seeing as Jeter's team has made it a priority to remind everyone they play in Miami. City nights, 3:05 PM activation of sculpture next year, cafecito innings, etc.

But I don't think those things are actually cliches like Miami Vice is. Nobody is still wearing pastel colored suits as they deal drugs along the beaches. It's an outdated cliche. Cafecito and Hispanic pride is a real thing though. 

For some reason everything the Marlins do with their colors and logos causes chaos.  The best brands maintain consistency. 

And I believe Jeter's intent with this rebrand is to keep it for over 20 years to create that consistency which is why I think he absolutely needs to get it right and that's why I'm not sold on this leaked logo. It doesn't feel good enough to finally be our logo of consistency and stability. I need something more stable and timeless. 

Paul Lukas said it.

Not really sure how any of this works, but Lukas also said that there were some changes to the Marlins set last year that weren't included in the style guide and still made it onto the field, so perhaps what is included is not a fully developed concept.   

Not really sure how any of this works, but Lukas also said that there were some changes to the Marlins set last year that weren't included in the style guide and still made it onto the field, so perhaps what is included is not a fully developed concept.   

The MLB style guide includes every team's primary mark so this leaked logo is likely Miami's new primary mark.