Chen moved to bullpen

SonOfJack

I'm sure the starters will enjoy seeing their potential wins blown by Chen. Unless he's just used in a mop-up role.

I gotta believe they will be very careful with when they use him. This move is because they wanna win more right? So they can't be throwing him out there with a one run lead in the 8th. 

Could they move to another team's bullpen?!? This is at least a better place for him maybe he can be a LOOGY, so he can't F it up too bad

First, they should start him off as a long reliever and go from there. Like @SonOfJack said, I wouldn’t gamble bringing him in with a one run lead. 

Could just have both up - Alcantara to the bullpen. They've said all seven of the potential starters could make the roster.

If they think that Alcantra's future is in the Rotation, he should be in the Rotation now or in the New Orleans rotation.

If they think that Alcantra's future is in the Rotation, he should be in the Rotation now or in the New Orleans rotation.

Sure, but they also want all the young guys getting MLB experience right now, and if that happens to be in the bullpen for Alcantara for now, then so be it.

Probably going to end up there anyways.

• 3 months later...

If he wasn’t making $20+ million this year, he would have been off the 25 man roster long ago. 

It’s a little embarrassing that the ownership and/or manager continue to allow him to be a terrible pitcher at the major league level in high leverage situations.