Pressure? What pressure?

If this team really would have a new manager next season, I'm not against to have a new one now. 

Which is why they should have dumped Don last offseason. Doing it during the season brings out a lot of criticism because Don isn't great but firing him now is putting the blame on him when the real blame is on how poor this team is, regardless of who the manager is. I mean can a better manager really get this team to many more wins?

Which is why they should have dumped Don last offseason. Doing it during the season brings out a lot of criticism because Don isn't great but firing him now is putting the blame on him when the real blame is on how poor this team is, regardless of who the manager is. I mean can a better manager really get this team to many more wins?

I still think it's a bad decision for Don to come to Miami, maybe he thinks it's a big challenge for him …I believe it would be a difficult job whomever takes it. 

Whether it is fair or not, I would not be shocked if Don is fired during the season.

If they have no intention of keeping him after the season, better to get it over with. I don't believe they have any intention of signing him to a new deal.

Even if just for the optics of keeping a manager through the contract, I think they'll just let Mattingly ride it out and then ride off into the sunset after the season.

That said, regardless of when he's let go (whether in season or after when his contract is done), the press will be like "MARLINS GET RID OF ANOTHER MANAGER".

Either way, this will be Mattingly's last season here.  I don't at all see them retaining him.  The only question is when and who will replace him (some think Hillman is in line).

I'm not sure how firing Mattingly would generate any worse PR than trading away all of the guys they have traded the last two seasons.  Jeter/Hill would sell it by using buzzwords like "sustainability" and "culture" and "vision" and "fit".

By itself it doesn't, but reports would be "Marlins let another familiar face go, blah blah blah".....death by a million cuts kind of thing.

Don might be the greatest guy but he has no managerial pedigree, i think he's to soft and doesnt know how to handle the BP, Dodgers got rid of him because of it. Only reason why he's managing is because Loria loved ex-Yankees I bet if Loria didn't hire him as manager he wouldn't be managing right now. Jeter should let him finish the season anyways the Marlins are not going to get better with a new mngr 

He should have been but you still make the change in-season, it was a mistake but you can still make up for some of it.

I guess on the flip side, you can use the argument "we expected improvement this year, and we weren't seeing it, so we made a change," which you can't in the offseason.