Hinch and Luhnow fired after being suspended by MLB

"The forfeited draft selections will be removed from the selection order and all other selections will move up."

Clarification on the draft picks, those picks are just removed completely. They are to lose 4 picks each year for two years, 8 lost picks in total, 2 in each round. If for some reason they don't have those picks to lose they lose them in the 2022 draft until they've lost all 8 picks.

"The forfeited draft selections will be removed from the selection order and all other selections will move up."

Clarification on the draft picks, those picks are just removed completely. They are to lose 4 picks each year for two years, 8 lost picks in total, 2 in each round. If for some reason they don't have those picks to lose they lose them in the 2022 draft until they've lost all 8 picks.

I assumed it'd work that way.

HARSH to the n'th degree.

If some team does the something similar (Boston not withstanding), it will probably be 12 draft picks lost and even harsher penalties for the executives until the message is delivered.

Honestly, I think Cora is done and MLB puts him ont he ineligible list. Boston will probably have 1 year of lost draft picks like the Astros and a heavy fine.

Not sure if they will have more sanctions, will really depend on who else was involved, but this sounds like its an Alex Cora thing more than anything else.

• Like 1

If Hinch and Luhnow got the punishments they got and the report repeatedly says that both guys weren't really leading the problem as much as just letting it happen, imagine how screwed Cora is since he seems to be the real ring leader.

Does Boston fire him???

If Hinch and Luhnow got the punishments they got and the report repeatedly says that both guys weren't really leading the problem as much as just letting it happen, imagine how screwed Cora is since he seems to be the real ring leader.

Does Boston fire him???

His suspension should be longer for that reason and also for bringing it to another team.

And yeah I assume Boston will fire him.

The Red Sox should really fire Cora today since the MLB findings show he was involved in cheating with Houston. There is no need for them to wait for a penalty to be issued.

They can't fire him for what he did in Houston. They should fire him for cheating in Boston and technically that hasn't been proven yet. In theory cheating in Houston doesn't automatically mean he cheated in Boston. I know we all know better but "innocent until proven guilty." They gotta wait.

They can't fire him for what he did in Houston. They should fire him for cheating in Boston and technically that hasn't been proven yet. In theory cheating in Houston doesn't automatically mean he cheated in Boston. I know we all know better but "innocent until proven guilty." They gotta wait.

They don’t have to do anything. I mean they haven’t done anything the last two winters so doing nothing is something they are good at