Mish vs. Samson

Admin

I feel like this tweet needs to be read. Mish isn't denying the good community work the old regime did, he's just saying that he notices the players being held to higher character standards now. The old regime would let the players' bullshit slide. I don't know why he mentioned Stanton but Hanley is a perfect example of this.

[MEDIA=twitter]1226197617459200006[/MEDIA]

• Like 1

From what we could see, sure. We never know what's going on behind closed doors.

Yea but this is the very first time we've heard even an inkling of Stanton being a problem. You usually see more signs or hints of this stuff when prominent players have issues like that. You'd think Stanton being a problem would have come up before 2020.

I know this is going to sound stupid but I miss those guys from a few years back like Stanton and Yelich and not just because they were good players But they looked like fun guys to be around. I know I’ve backed off the last season or two and don’t know much about most of the guys we got now because they have been so interchangeable. I’m ready for some real stability.

I really miss the guys from 2009 when I first started watching. Cantu, Uggla and Coghlan. I’ve got some attachment to that time. Maybe that needs to be an own thread but it just got me thinking.

I know this is going to sound stupid but I miss those guys from a few years back like Stanton and Yelich and not just because they were good players But they looked like fun guys to be around. I know I’ve backed off the last season or two and don’t know much about most of the guys we got now because they have been so interchangeable. I’m ready for some real stability.

I really miss the guys from 2009 when I first started watching. Cantu, Uggla and Coghlan. I’ve got some attachment to that time. Maybe that needs to be an own thread but it just got me thinking.

To be fair, I think there's several guys now who could be "fun" for fans to get attached to when they've created some stability here.

This actually was a point brought up on the local radio this morning how the Marlins don't have any stars now but the hope is that these players grow into becoming stars along with being on a winning team which is what the last group of Marlins "stars" never had.

To be fair, I think there's several guys now who could be "fun" for fans to get attached to when they've created some stability here.

This actually was a point brought up on the local radio this morning how the Marlins don't have any stars now but the hope is that these players grow into becoming stars along with being on a winning team which is what the last group of Marlins "stars" never had.

Oh I completely agree. It’s probably hard for most fans, myself included to get attached when almost anyone on the roster is expendable (to a higher degree then years past at least) but a lot of that has to do with who’s going to pan out.

Talked about it alittle in one of the Jersey threads. I want a New Jersey but you really don’t have anyone to throw on it. Anderson is the leading choice.

Oh I completely agree. It’s probably hard for most fans, myself included to get attached when almost anyone on the roster is expendable (to a higher degree then years past at least) but a lot of that has to do with who’s going to pan out.

Talked about it alittle in one of the Jersey threads. I want a New Jersey but you really don’t have anyone to throw on it. Anderson is the leading choice.

Yeah, when I got my blue one, I didn't put a name on the back. If there would've been a name to put on it, it would've been Anderson.

That's when I started to really get into the team also. That team was so much fun. I remember there was a point when the whole infield had at least 20+ HRs. I think that's when the team had like 80 wins.