Brinson 'a different guy'

Admin

Could just be having an aggressive approach at the plate and jumping on pitches early in the count. If this continues into the season, pitchers will have to start being more careful rather than going right at him and the walks will come.

Let’s see what happens when he starts seeing more offspeed pitches from better pitchers in the regular season.

• Like 1

Let’s see what happens when he starts seeing more offspeed pitches from better pitchers in the regular season.

Now I've paid keen attention to whether or not the fellers in the mound have been throwing the bendy stuff or not to ol' Brins. And I'll say, there appears to be a book on Brinson: Throw a breaking ball down and away. Not really revelatory stuff, but the it's a recipe we saw work against him in 2018-19.

Well, they've gone to that book again this spring, maybe even to an excess as pitchers are trying to master the feel of their off-speed bits, and frankly Brinson had licked his thumb, maintained eye contact with the pitcher, and one-by-one ripped every page from that book.

I'll go ahead and say it. I spect Brinson gonna have a heckuva good year in 2020.

• Like 5

I'm cautiously optimisitc. The strikeout numbers are definitely a positive sign, but as he's had great springs the last couple of years and then fallen on his face in the season. So I'm not buying into it until he can consistently do well in the majors.

I'm cautiously optimisitc. The strikeout numbers are definitely a positive sign, but as he's had great springs the last couple of years and then fallen on his face in the season. So I'm not buying into it until he can consistently do well in the majors.

Again, though, the cut in strikeouts is something that wasn't there the last two springs.

Again, though, the cut in strikeouts is something that wasn't there the last two springs.

Yes I know. And I recognized that's a good sign. I'm just saying he's teased us before with good springs, so I'm in a "won't believe it until I see it" mode right now.