MLB to resume 2020 season in July

Ok, so....

If they finish near the top of the standings, I'll be happy. But at the same time, if they don't finish high in the standings I won't be too upset. It's such an odd season. I'll take it as a sort of mulligan. And I'll just look at it as one more top draft pick.

JMO.

17 hours ago, Mr. Man said:

Ok, so....

If they finish near the top of the standings, I'll be happy. But at the same time, if they don't finish high in the standings I won't be too upset. It's such an odd season. I'll take it as a sort of mulligan. And I'll just look at it as one more top draft pick.

JMO.

Yeah this season is pretty pointless in terms of team record. So I’m caught between id love a first overall pick next year (was gonna be highly unlikely regardless) and wanting the new crop to show up and dominate 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think the fish will have a winning record this year and will make a run at a playoff spot. Call me crazy, because maybe I am. I just believe a 60 game slate favors a club like this.

Just now, EricOwens! said:

When's the last time we were tied for the division lead in late July? We should trade meyers for rodney and make a playoff push.

Shhhh Mike Hill could be here.

1 hour ago, canada-marlin24 said:

This is going to be the worst and more boring set of games in the history of baseball. 

how so? 

These 60 games are going to be all about strategy. 6 man rotations, starters coming in as relievers, universal DH (more offense), expanded rosters (potential for young talent to step up), etc. Seems like it'll be very interesting to say the least.

1 hour ago, canada-marlin24 said:

This is going to be the worst and more boring set of games in the history of baseball. 

I disagree completely. Every game means more since there are only 60.

3 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

I disagree completely. Every game means more since there are only 60.

Yep - every game holds 2.7x the amount of weight it normally would. 33 wins = 89.1 in a normal 162.

Let's go for 33.

51 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yep - every game holds 2.7x the amount of weight it normally would. 33 wins = 89.1 in a normal 162.

Let's go for 33.

I want 60!  Last year we had 57, we need to see improvement!

Edited by rmc523
8 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

I think the fish will have a winning record this year and will make a run at a playoff spot. Call me crazy, because maybe I am. I just believe a 60 game slate favors a club like this.

Sometimes I think that but then sometimes I remember that a short season also leaves no room for error. A bad losing streak could crush their hopes very fast is my point. 

20 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Sometimes I think that but then sometimes I remember that a short season also leaves no room for error. A bad losing streak could crush their hopes very fast is my point. 

(Three game losing streak)

SELL THE FARM!

14 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

I'm with you there. I have a feeling this team can pull it off.