Indians to consider changing name

Bret Hart

Just now, SonOfJack said:

Not bad, but I prefer the baseball on the one I posted over the C.

I like that, too. Maybe both could be used.

The Redskins are looking to change name, too. Took some financial motivation (FedEx saying they were going to pull naming rights deal from the stadium) but looks like we'll get that finally. lol.

5 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Some people are suggesting Cleveland Spiders. A throwback name. 

Are we sure that won't offend someone?

How about the Cleveland Bland?  Or Cleveland Nothing.  Or Cleveland Inoffensive?  The idea that we have to change everything these days is getting ridiculous.

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

I like this one:

DEFUNCT - CLEVELAND SPIDERS 1887 - Cleveland - Sticker | TeePublic

I like that.

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

Not bad, but I prefer the baseball on the one I posted over the C.

I agree it looks better - perhaps they could use the C one as the cap logo and the other one on the uniforms themselves.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Great work! My vision has come to life and I love it.

I like it too.  It could perhaps use a bit of refinement, but for a quick mockup it's pretty good.

I debated trying to come up with a script for it, but was too lazy too.

I'm all in favor of Cleveland changing their name. We shouldn't name sports teams after ethnic groups. That's an easy line to not cross. Just as naming a team "The Italians" or "The Mongols" or "The Jews" would be a trap for reinforcing stereotypes and dehumanizing a people group, so too should Cleveland and Washington change their branding, like, yesterday.

And under normal circumstances, I think "Braves" and "Chiefs" should be fine given that those are occupations, rather than ethnicities. But those two fan bases have well demonstrated that they do not have reverence for native cultures, but rather view them as exotic and barbarian and worthy of cheap imitation. So change them too, I say.

Also, I just fucking HATE the Braves. So fuck them.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

I'm all in favor of Cleveland changing their name. We shouldn't name sports teams after ethnic groups. That's an easy line to not cross. Just as naming a team "The Italians" or "The Mongols" or "The Jews" would be a trap for reinforcing stereotypes and dehumanizing a people group, so too should Cleveland and Washington change their branding, like, yesterday.

And under normal circumstances, I think "Braves" and "Chiefs" should be fine given that those are occupations, rather than ethnicities. But those two fan bases have well demonstrated that they do not have reverence for native cultures, but rather view them as exotic and barbarian and worthy of cheap imitation. So change them too, I say.

Also, I just fucking HATE the Braves. So fuck them.

As far as I'm concerned, if it gets rid of the chop, they can be called the Atlanta "Fuck Michaels" and I'd gladly accept it.

3 minutes ago, Michael said:

As far as I'm concerned, if it gets rid of the chop, they can be called the Atlanta "Fuck Michaels" and I'd gladly accept it.

Does have a nice ring to it.

but it’s Atlanta so instead they would just dick thrust the air and moan some chant.

Edited by AeroFishOne