Marlins Sign Adam Duvall- Official Thread™

9 minutes ago, cyoung said:

I don't disagree with you at all - I just haven't given up on him blooming into a starter yet.  We have the option, let's use it to let him develop more.  If he's a swing and a miss next year (pun-intended), then he's a 4th OF/platoon guy from that point on.

Yep. AAA outfield to start should be Brinson - Harrison - Sanchez.

AA will probably have Conine - VVM - Bleday with Jerar DHing (or maybe Jerar to AAA?).

A+ with Burdick, Mesa Jr., Scott? Maybe Conine is here and Scott in AA.

Man we've got a lot of outfield depth suddenly.

• Like 3
  • Banana 1

4 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

So, like, I know it's an edit job for "cool social media effects" but that jersey he's wearing here doesn't exist... but it would look pretty cool if it did exist! This would be the way to make a proper in-game blue jersey! Make it happen Marlins!

It should exist.  Still baffles me that their most unique color/uniform isn't used as an alternate.

50 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Stupidity is the only possible explanation. 

Stubbornness is the real explanation. For better or worse, I just get the feeling that they really love the look they landed on. I'm ok with that to a degree, because I think too many teams don't commit to their uniform choices and make too many changes too often, so I appreciate some conviction. But as long as the Marlins are listening to feedback on their uniforms and are open to well thought out changes in the future then I'm ok with that. With that said, yes a blue regular season alternate is long overdue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

Stubbornness is the real explanation. For better or worse, I just get the feeling that they really love the look they landed on. I'm ok with that to a degree, because I think too many teams don't commit to their uniform choices and make too many changes too often, so I appreciate some conviction. But as long as the Marlins are listening to feedback on their uniforms and are open to well thought out changes in the future then I'm ok with that. With that said, yes a blue regular season alternate is long overdue. 

The fact they have a blue one as a spring training and BP uniform tells me they know it has potential at the very least.  And since they already have one like it, I also don't think adding blue to the rotation would in any way shape or form be some sort of admission that they "got it wrong" - it would only enhance the look they had.

18 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

So, like, I know it's an edit job for "cool social media effects" but that jersey he's wearing here doesn't exist... but it would look pretty cool if it did exist! This would be the way to make a proper in-game blue jersey! Make it happen Marlins!

I think it's a white jersey and looked like a blue jersey due to the background color.