2020/21 off-season

taiwanmarlin

2 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

"The asking from at least one of the teams involved is a younger corner outfielder along with a minor-league pitcher not necessarily on the 40-man roster."

Shoot, we got a lot of those.

Connor Scott (I know he's a center fielder but deal with it, Boston) and uhhhh IDK someone low on the list.

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Shoot, we got a lot of those.

Connor Scott (I know he's a center fielder but deal with it, Boston) and uhhhh IDK someone low on the list.

I really think it's just a deal we want to make or not, we have too many pieces to offer and the Red Sox have no the reason to say no, it's just we really want Benintendi or not. 

Miami has clearly identified a need in RF, and it seems they are prioritizing a lefty bat (for good reason). 

Now it comes down to do you trade a couple or prospects for Benny with some team control, or do you sign a guy like Rosario who is more expensive and won’t be on the team beyond next year? 

Personally, I like the idea of Rosario. But I’m not against trading for AB, just have to hope we have done a good job of self scouting our own talent 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, marlins_09 said:

Miami has clearly identified a need in RF, and it seems they are prioritizing a lefty bat (for good reason). 

Now it comes down to do you trade a couple or prospects for Benny with some team control, or do you sign a guy like Rosario who is more expensive and won’t be on the team beyond next year? 

Personally, I like the idea of Rosario. But I’m not against trading for AB, just have to hope we have done a good job of self scouting our own talent 

In this scenario I'd take AB who has more years of control. Rosario might come and go and then next off season possibly we're back to square one. AB could solidify right field for a good few years if he comes here and clicks.

5 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Padres fans happy, Mets fans happy, Jays fans happy, Fish fans happy !?

Cardinals fans Happy ? Arizona fans Happy ? Brewers fans Happy ? Rockies fans Happy ? Giants fans Happy ? 

1 minute ago, el_gmac said:

Cardinals fans Happy ? Arizona fans Happy ? Brewers fans Happy ? Rockies fans Happy ? Giants fans Happy ? 

Oh boy. I can feel it. Here it comes.

Suspense Anticipation GIF

What's wrong with you?

I think AB is overrated, but as bad as the Marlin outfield has been , might as well go after him, if the price isnt too high, tbh.

Would rather go get Rosario, only costs money.  Marlins SHOULD have plenty of it with their payroll commitments. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

I think AB is overrated, but as bad as the Marlin outfield has been , might as well go after him, if the price isnt too high, tbh.

Would rather go get Rosario, only costs money.  Marlins SHOULD have plenty of it with their payroll commitments. 

I agree