9/21 - Marlins at Braves - 7:10 PM

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

If Monte is safe you all call him a hero. Tip of the cap to the Braves.

Fuck no I wouldn’t. He did this shit once before and made it and I was still kinda pissed at him. 

5 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

That was a pretty stupid play. You are already in scoring position and if you risk it you absolutely have to be safe. 

Edited by canada-marlin24
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I’ve always said I like to play these things safe. It’s not like he was running from first to second. He was easily at second and tried getting greedy and it obviously didn’t work. If it was someone that was alittle more succesful maybe it would be different but Monte has made more outs on the base it seems then he is succesful.

2 minutes ago, AeroFishOne said:

I’ve always said I like to play these things safe. It’s not like he was running from first to second. He was easily at second and tried getting greedy and it obviously didn’t work. If it was someone that was alittle more succesful maybe it would be different but Monte has made more outs on the base it seems then he is succesful.

Can you tell me if Monte was running to 2nd on that play, contact or not?

26 minutes ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

Can you tell me if Monte was running to 2nd on that play, contact or not?

I believe he was. He definitely didn't slow down at 2nd, he was thinking to take 3rd as soon as he saw that it was a high chopper. 

After giving it a lot of thought, you only break for 3B if you are 100% sure you can make it. 

Anderson and Cooper were coming up with 1 out and a runner on 2B.  

I appreciate Monte’s hustle but it was the wrong decision there.  

The only reason the Marlins reviewed it was because the game was essentially over. 

It wasn’t that close. 

Pretty brutal loss.  The bottom of the 1st was the most frustrating half inning I’ve seen in a long time.  Shitty defense, swinging bunts.   Oooof. 

45 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I believe he was. He definitely didn't slow down at 2nd, he was thinking to take 3rd as soon as he saw that it was a high chopper. 

Thanks Silver. I only ask because if Monte was running regardless, to steal 2nd, Joyce should have just took the strike two pitch. I know it would put him down in the count but at least Monte would have been at 2nd regardless if Joyce strikes out. 

Its all hypothetical at this point.  I personally like the aggressiveness just because the game pretty much flatlined  after the first inning. 

If the throw was errant to third, Monte could have been safe or been rewarded at home on an error.  Like you said, it was a hero or zero play. 

• Like 1

Just watched the highlights, Monte was not stealing second on that 0-1 pitch to Joyce.  

The tag out was a bang bang play. Swanson still had to stay focused, catching the relay throw while retreating back to third and applying the tag.  Freeman also threw a nice ball, lot of things could have went wrong there.  

Edited by jeffreysfishfry