Marlins get ALL 2PM Games for NLDS, Why?

Because Yankees and Dodgers fans are more than those of any other DS competitors. It will affect TV rating and commercials. So it's very reasonable choice by broadcasting stations and MLB. 

I don't like this either but it's inevitable. 

I don't think this is a Marlins thing because this could have been Cubs vs Braves, two teams with big fanbases. The problem isn't the Marlins, the problem is that MLB thinks it's ok for any team to play a postseason game at 2pm on weekdays. It's atrocious. 

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, Bret Hart said:

Because Yankees and Dodgers fans are more than those of any other DS competitors. It will affect TV rating and commercials. So it's very reasonable choice by broadcasting stations and MLB. 

I don't like this either but it's inevitable. 

This is not inevitable.

They could have easily had the first game start at 4 or 5 pm and have the remaining games around 6, 8, 9 and/or 10.

They would get better ratings by having every team play at more reasonable times regardless of which teams they are.

Shit if we think this is about getting better ratings then they probably would have been better served giving the Yankees or Dodgers the 2pm games because people will go more out of their way to see those and then you have the Marlins in the evening and more people will watch because of the time slot it's in. That scenario would actually bring more ratings than the current scenario because what casual fan will go out of their way to watch a 2pm Marlins game?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Bret Hart said:

So it's very reasonable choice by broadcasting stations and MLB. 

No it’s not.  It’s ridiculous.  I can stomach one 2PM game for the NLDS.  Not four of them.  It’s a travesty. 

• Like 4
7 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

If the World Series somehow ended up being Marlins vs Rays MLB would probably start the games at 10am.

It wouldn't surprise me if they cancel the World Series of this kind of matchup …

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

This is not inevitable.

They could have easily had the first game start at 4 or 5 pm and have the remaining games around 6, 8, 9 and/or 10.

They would get better ratings by having every team play at more reasonable times regardless of which teams they are.

Shit if we think this is about getting better ratings then they probably would have been better served giving the Yankees or Dodgers the 2pm games because people will go more out of their way to see those and then you have the Marlins in the evening and more people will watch because of the time slot it's in. That scenario would actually bring more ratings than the current scenario because what casual fan will go out of their way to watch a 2pm Marlins game?

NtiCTMNyNFOUHNe-1600x900-noPad.jpg

• Like 1

This reminds me of the NLDS back in 2003 vs the Giants.

Game 1 - Tuesday, September 30th, 2003. 4 pm Eastern

Game 2 - Wednesday, October 1st, 2003. 4 pm Eastern

Game 3 - Friday, October 3rd, 2003. 4 pm Eastern

Game 4 started at 1 pm Eastern, but that was on a Saturday; it was that game with that classic Pudge and JT Snow play at the plate!

Even though 4 pm is not as bad as 2 pm, it still seems like when the Marlins are in the NLDS they get scheduled with day games, even on weekdays! 😂

It’s funny, it seems like back in 2003, the members of this forum were having the same complaints about the early playoff games!

😂

Edited by SirFishFan
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

If the World Series somehow ended up being Marlins vs Rays MLB would probably start the games at 10am.

And each game would be on a different paid streaming service. 

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

He is definitely one of the biggest Marlins fans in the world.

He’s such a big fan that the other day I saw this picture on tv:

image.jpeg.9470ca0ce1739561ec5245c213d7bfc1.jpeg

And my first thought was “Hey there is taiwanmarlin!”

😂

Edited by SirFishFan
  • Haha 5
12 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Fyi I just perused some Braves twitter fans and they think the scheduling is a bias against the Braves since they had 2 noon games last week. So its not just us lol

Well, whichever team makes it to the NLCS will earn the right to play games at night! 😂

• Haha 1