Marlins acquire John Curtiss

This is a very Rays trade, getting the most out of a guy for one season and then trading him while his value is high but I don't think this is a bad gamble from the Marlins... not every guy that the Rays trade high on becomes a complete bust, the Marlins must think this guy is good enough to keep it going and contribute in Miami. I like the move, good gamble. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

The Rays made another trade this morning too. Lol pitchers and catchers report and suddenly the Rays are like nah I actually don't like this team anymore.

Maybe they showed up out of shape. Curtiss is going to walk into Roger Dean with a huge beer belly.

• Shocked 1

One more point: I wanted Kintzler back because this bullpen didn't need key subtractions and to a lesser extent Boxberger for the same reason... but if the additions/replacements are Floro and Curtiss then ultimately we likely did upgrade since the new guys are younger and more sustainable in 2021.

So basically, the point we've been trying to make to certain people here, gotta wait until the offseason fully plays out to see how the finished product looks, and even then, the finished product is never truly finished.

But I'm very happy with how this offseason bullpen revamping ended up.

• Like 4