4/13 Post Game Thread

Just now, FishFan95 said:

For those keeping track, the Marlins are the only team in the division who has scored at least as many runs as they have allowed.

Marlins were unrightfully panned for their bad run differential last year (cause most of those bad BP pitchers are off the roster now). Still way too early, but run differential now says we are better than our record.

1 minute ago, FishFan95 said:

Marlins were unrightfully panned for their bad run differential last year (cause most of those bad BP pitchers are off the roster now). Still way too early, but run differential now says we are better than our record.

If it weren’t for Anthony Bass, the run differential wouldn’t say that we’re better than our record so we should be thankful for Mr. Bass.

Just now, Erick said:

If it weren’t for Anthony Bass, the run differential wouldn’t say that we’re better than our record so we should be thankful for Mr. Bass.

Yeah, not the biggest fan of run differential. But, big brain haters always bring it up when talking about the 2020 Marlins.

9 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

Yeah, not the biggest fan of run differential. But, big brain haters always bring it up when talking about the 2020 Marlins.

According to Baseball Reference, the Marlins were -41 in runs last season.  Literally half that was from the single 29-9 game.

Anywho, we're 43/43 RS/RA so far.

• Like 2

anyone else really like the camera angle when Pablo hit his double?  Normally the batter does nothing or hits it somewhere that the camera can't see but for ONCE that alternate angle worked and watching the double get raked was a thing of beauty.

Alfaro is so far in his own head now he's looking like Stanton was during The Slump.  His at bats are awful and his head game is bleeding over into his defense now too.  Get your defense/game calling solidified first and then get back to work on batting.  Don't let both aspects of your game go down the drain please. 

Man I really hope i'm dead wrong about signing Duvall.  Hope it carries over outside Atlanta. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hovertical said:

anyone else really like the camera angle when Pablo hit his double?  Normally the batter does nothing or hits it somewhere that the camera can't see but for ONCE that alternate angle worked and watching the double get raked was a thing of beauty.

Alfaro is so far in his own head now he's looking like Stanton was during The Slump.  His at bats are awful and his head game is bleeding over into his defense now too.  Get your defense/game calling solidified first and then get back to work on batting.  Don't let both aspects of your game go down the drain please. 

Man I really hope i'm dead wrong about signing Duvall.  Hope it carries over outside Atlanta. 

Isn't Duvall the kind of streaky hitter who goes on 1-2 week runs? I say he probably keeps hitting like this for a little while before getting cold again. Hopefully, BA and Coop can get hot then to pick up the slack.