Marlins @ Giants --> 4/25

Michael

5 minutes ago, hovertical said:

i'd rather acquire another bp arm moreso than a starter tbh. 

pitching still far less worrisome than offense.  i'll be really disappointed in them if they don't pick up an upper echelon FA this coming offseason to bolster this lineup. they have the starting pitching in place, bullpen is decent/about average t but they're decent enough to win games in conjunction with the starting pitching.  don't waste the young cheap years of the starting pitching with a crap offense. 

2017: 2 pitchers away

2021: 2 batters away

lol

25 minutes ago, Erick said:

Anything that makes us look more like the Rays from a pitching standpoint is fine by me.

If only we could find some random dude in the Alaskan Penal League throwing 98 with a release point between his legs.

6 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

Garrett Cooper hit the ball 100 mph plus 3 times last night as well as one at 98.4 mph. Hope this is a sign that he is coming out of his slump.

I feel like we just have the worst BABIP luck this year. heh.

28 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

Garrett Cooper hit the ball 100 mph plus 3 times last night as well as one at 98.4 mph. Hope this is a sign that he is coming out of his slump.

We all know Cooper can hit a bit. He's proven that. Watching his at bats he was pressing hard to get a hit though and was visibly and audibly frustrated with himself every time he didnt so I'm sure he was in his own head too much instead of trusting his own skills and instincts. Not saying he's ever going to be some all star but we all know he's better than what he's shown so far.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iowa said:

I dont want Campbell, detwiler, Garrett, holloway, neidert, castano starting any games this year if we're serious about contending. This young of a staff screamed legitimate veteran 5th starter. Very relieved Rogers is balling outb

Spending 3 mil on alex wood looks pretty smart of san fran so far. Im sure there are multiple other examples this year of pitchers making similar money who would look really good right about now. 

I look at it differently.   It would be nice if we contend this year, but let's be honest, that's not likely.  The FO sold us on this rebuild and they need to see it all the way through.  We need to continue to develop these young arms.  So far so good. 

Also,  trading some of these arms for bats  is what's going to bring us more hitting talent.  There's no need to block any of our young arms with journeymen veterans.  We already have 8 or 9 guys capable of starting.  It's just bad luck that 2 of our current starters and also Cabrera are dealing with minor injuries to start the season.  That would test any ball clubs depth.  I think we're in good shape. 

• Like 1