The Fire Don Mattingly Thread

We were ONE game back of first.

Then an EIGHT game losing streak.  

We can't fire the FO.

We can't fire the players.

We can FIRE the dumbass who makes stupid line-up and bullpen decisions.

FIRE DON MATTINGLY!!!

Feel free to vent here...

• Like 2

Just now, CyggyMarlin said:

So you are telling me Mish that there were NO better options than Bass in the 8th?  That shit was on Don

Maybe could have begun the 8th with Bender instead of throwing him into an already-at-450° oven.

• Like 1

Personally, and I know I skew more in the newer line of thinking as it comes to pitching, if I had a nine man bullpen, nobody is pitching two days in a row unless 100% necessary. Build up guys' confidence by gifting them some high leverage spots when they're fresh. Could go one night with a Bleier - Floro - Yimi combo, the next with Pop - Detwiler - Bender, etc. Maximum 65 games per reliever, nobody should be on pace for a half season's worth of games out of the bullpen. Work more on matchups as well, and NOT simply "oh two lefties coming up let's bring in the lefty."

But. Eh.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

You’re out of your mind for blaming Don for that /Mish

I mean, that part isn’t Don’s fault. That’s actually on injuries and the front office for not doing anything about the infield depth in the organization.

24 minutes ago, Erick said:

I mean, that part isn’t Don’s fault. That’s actually on injuries and the front office for not doing anything about the infield depth in the organization.

It is a little bit. Berti is a better baseball player than Isan Diaz and there's no reason why Diaz should play every day. 

• Like 2

Just now, SongInTheAir said:

It is a little bit. Berti is a better baseball player than Isan Diaz and there's no reason why Diaz should play every day. 

Actually, one of the many negatives of this year is that Jon Berti has reverted back to what he was during his minor league career.

Berti kind of stinks too. .180/.289/.295 in 143 plate appearances to be exact. We stink.

Posted (edited)

If Mish can’t say who is at fault, then why would I take his word for it. 

As much as I want Don fired, what if he’s being setup.  Just the injuries alone is causing me to be suspicious, with how players sit and when they return.  It just doesn’t feel right, like when they say they are injured and then the PH and play in the 7th?   Maybe the whole organization is incompetent.  

We haven’t seen it this bad, not even for Don until they hired Ng.  It’s something to think about.  

Edited by FishFry
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pollythewog said:

Isan Diaz started another game on a major league team 

I mean tbh, there arent a ton of other options at this point.

Which is a more an indictment to how bad the infield depth is in the upper minor leagues.

No budget and no prospects even really remotely close to ready = depth issues.

1 hour ago, Erick said:

Actually, one of the many negatives of this year is that Jon Berti has reverted back to what he was during his minor league career.

Berti kind of stinks too. .180/.289/.295 in 143 plate appearances to be exact. We stink.

Berti has been over exposed.

Teams have scouted him and know how to get him out.  Berti cant/wont make the necessary adjustments.

There is a reason why he was essentially a career minor leaguer.  It happens for a reason often. 

1 hour ago, SongInTheAir said:

Both have no business starting more than 2 games a week at most. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Activity

1. 8

Building collapse in Miami

2. 301

3. 301

• Recent Achievements

• ZfromCIS went up a rank
      Bench Player
    • Florida Marlins earned a badge
      One Month Later