The Fire Don Mattingly Thread

Don is doing exactly what the front office wants with exactly what they gave him.

Seems unnecessary to fire him.

They are a shitty team. Everyone needs to get to August...they will be playing good ball then and everyone can pretend they have a chance. Just like they did before the season started.

Not sure he deserve to lose his job because he believes in his players. And not sure the mob knows where to ain their torches.

11 minutes ago, Major-Minor said:

Don is doing exactly what the front office wants with exactly what they gave him.

Seems unnecessary to fire him.

They are a shitty team. Everyone needs to get to August...they will be playing good ball then and everyone can pretend they have a chance. Just like they did before the season started.

Not sure he deserve to lose his job because he believes in his players. And not sure the mob knows where to ain their torches.

The Marlins making the playoffs last year with the expanded playoffs was probably the worst thing that could have happened, tbh. 

• Like 1

Honestly, I didn’t expect the team to be good, but what sort of bothers me is that there were some good signs early on + the division is a lot worse than expected.

With a little urgency, the team could’ve been better. + we’re losing games to the damn Pirates. 

But yeah, we definitely got lucky last year.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Erick said:

Honestly, I didn’t expect the team to be good, but what sort of bothers me is that there were some good signs early on + the division is a lot worse than expected.

With a little urgency, the team could’ve been better. + we’re losing games to the damn Pirates. 

But yeah, we definitely got lucky last year.

That 7 game series against the Phillies

1 hour ago, FishFry said:

If Mish can’t say who is at fault, then why would I take his word for it. 

As much as I want Don fired, what if he’s being setup.  Just the injuries alone is causing me to be suspicious, with how players sit and when they return.  It just doesn’t feel right, like when they say they are injured and then the PH and play in the 7th?   Maybe the whole organization is incompetent.  

We haven’t seen it this bad, not even for Don until they hired Ng.  It’s something to think about.  

Normally I'm very anti conspiracy theory but this year has been utterly baffling in terms of decisions made that it really feels like something is going on behind the scenes. Tanking? Just being cheap? I don't know. Both the FO and Don have made repeated bizarre decisions way out of line with what any normal person who has watched them in recent years would have expected. 

It didn't even start out that way it's just plummeted into some bizarre world right around the time jazz came back. Shrug

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hovertical said:

Normally I'm very anti conspiracy theory but this year has been utterly baffling in terms of decisions made that it really feels like something is going on behind the scenes. Tanking? Just being cheap? I don't know. Both the FO and Don have made repeated bizarre decisions way out of line with what any normal person who has watched them in recent years would have expected. 

It didn't even start out that way it's just plummeted into some bizarre world right around the time jazz came back. Shrug

The longer they (FO) remains silent, the more they become guilty of them being the problem.   What is the agenda? Idk I’m not a conspiracy theorist either, not to that degree.  I’ll just chalk it up as total incompetence.  Even so, IMO Don should be fired because you can’t be this horrible and not play apart.  

Ng is now on the clock for me. Maybe Mike Hill deserves more credit for last year and in hindsight, maybe Jeter thought a new GM would be universally the same and they wouldn’t skip a beat.  

Edited by FishFry
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Das Texan said:

The Marlins making the playoffs last year with the expanded playoffs was probably the worst thing that could have happened, tbh. 

Disagree. It was ahead of schedule for sure though it didn’t have to be a fluke. The front office should have built on that momentum, instead they sat on their ass and did virtually nothing. 

Don is not the only problem, replacing him doesn’t turn this around but he’s one of the problems. I am not sure how anyone who actually watches every game (not referring to you obviously) can say he isn’t a problem.