Jump to content

Buster Posey


1.618
 Share

Recommended Posts

If the Giants don’t pick up his 22M club option for next year, would anyone be interested?  Of course at that price I’m out, but if he would be inclined to settle with 15M, I would be thrilled with that.  

It’s time, we need a true Catcher.  No more Alfaro & Comp.  sign Posey for 2-3 yrs with added incentives.  This would Bridge the gap until Mack is ready.  

I think the OF is manageable but not having a true C is killing this team.  I would also be in the mix for a 3B.  BA just doesn’t cut the mustard.  I agree with @Michael use him as a filler utility.  We need the depth anyhow. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, AeroFishOne said:

Eh, I’m still alittle bitter about him being a little b**** about getting ran and hurt because he didn’t set up properly

"Are you going to accept his apology?"

"Nah I don't think I have to."

Still irks me to this day.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Michael said:

"Are you going to accept his apology?"

"Nah I don't think I have to."

Still irks me to this day.

I honestly forgot about him saying that.  

Seems like the media was against us as well.  After that, the Cinderella season nosedived into last place, I think.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, el_gmac said:

It’s not happening Giants are working on a extension , I’m sure he will be move to 1st when Bart is ready

Maybe. They have a lot of FA though and they signed Crawford as well.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, 1.618 said:

I honestly forgot about him saying that.  

Seems like the media was against us as well.  After that, the Cinderella season nosedived into last place, I think. 

JJ got hurt and ended up missing the rest of the year, and once the ace was gone ... we did carry it on for a little bit, but yeah, that was more or less the turning point. Staff started to crumble. Offense forgot how to score. Naturally it came to when Stanton started to slump, so did the entire offense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, AeroFishOne said:

Eh, I’m still alittle bitter about him being a little b**** about getting ran and hurt because he didn’t set up properly

 

15 hours ago, Michael said:

"Are you going to accept his apology?"

"Nah I don't think I have to."

Still irks me to this day.

Being upset at Posey is one thing but I'm still not ok with how many people ignored how rude he was. If it was the other way around and a Marlins catcher said he didn't have to accept Posey's apology it would be seen so differently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, pollythewog said:

Giants are 100% going to pick it up

Even if they aren't, why would he sign with the Fish?  He'd sign somewhere with a chance of winning.  Unless we really overpay, which we won't. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Just like Miggy is 100% not leaving the Marlins. 

1. Miggy was traded.

2. I dont think ANYONE ever said that.  (and are we talking about Cabrera or Rojas)  If Rojas, who actually cares end of day.  He isnt a franchise icon.  Cabrera if anyone actually thought he was staying his whole career given what the Marlins were already doing at that point, then they are suckers. 

3. And yes.  Apples and Oranges. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Well the Giants did move on from Bumgarner who you could make a case of being the main contributor of those WS franchises.  You can’t tell me that Giants fans weren’t pissed with his departure, so yeah, anything is possible.   His highest ERA season was 3.90 in 11 seasons for them.  His stats are 1st ballet HOF.

I think it’s up to Posey, if he wants to retire with the same team and work out a lesser 2022 salary than 22M. 

Edited by 1.618
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, 1.618 said:

Well the Giants did move on from Bumgarner who you could make a case of being the main contributor of those WS franchises.  You can’t tell me that Giants fans weren’t pissed with his departure, so yeah, anything is possible.   His highest ERA season was 3.90 in 11 seasons for them.  His stats are 1st ballet HOF.

I think it’s up to Posey, if he wants to retire with the same team and work out a lesser 2022 salary than 22M. 

Entirely different situations.

Bumgarner also pissed off the Giants front office with his shoulder injury he suffered from biking if i recall. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, 1.618 said:

Well the Giants did move on from Bumgarner who you could make a case of being the main contributor of those WS franchises.

Mainly 2014 really. They don't win that one without him. Can't entirely say the same for the other two but was still important there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/26/2021 at 7:56 PM, taiwanmarlin said:

Rojas.

Who cares?

I mean honestly.  He is a leader on the team but not exactly a franchise cornerstone in any way.

To even compare the franchise impact of a Buster Posey with Miguel Rojas is a fucking joke honestly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Das Texan said:

Who cares?

I mean honestly.  He is a leader on the team but not exactly a franchise cornerstone in any way.

To even compare the franchise impact of a Buster Posey with Miguel Rojas is a fucking joke honestly. 

The point is they both wouldn't leave their team and not their output on the field. All in all, they have their own value. 

Edited by taiwanmarlin
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...