Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2023 uniforms

Featured Replies

17 hours ago, sun coast fish said:

The white jerseys look bland AF.  Did they get rid of the black jerseys or are they keeping them for the road?

Blacks were for Friday nights the last couple seasons if I'm not mistaken. They haven't been as overused as people think they are. This season they'll probably be used on the road more often than not.

9 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Blacks were for Friday nights the last couple seasons if I'm not mistaken

I believe you're right.

I always hated assigned nights for jerseys. I'd like to see any jersey used any day outside of white on road and gray at home obviously.

And I think there was no reason at all to limit the throwbacks to just Fridays. Should just be a part of the rotation. Not sure on rules for city jerseys but I also see no reason they are limited to only Saturday.

46 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I always hated assigned nights for jerseys. I'd like to see any jersey used any day outside of white on road and gray at home obviously.

I actually like a schedule as I know when each jersey is supposed to be used. Don't know why, but I like it. It's like "oh today is a teal day." Maybe cuz back in the day when I went to more games I would like to dress accordingly.

50 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

And I think there was no reason at all to limit the throwbacks to just Fridays. Should just be a part of the rotation. Not sure on rules for city jerseys but I also see no reason they are limited to only Saturday.

You're right on this one but with the Marlins it feels like a promotional/marketing thing cuz they specifically promote "Flashback Fridays" and "Legacy Saturdays" with those specific/special uniforms. One could say the teal and red jerseys are special event jerseys as opposed to alternates which can be worn "alternatively" to a regular jersey so the alternate can be any day and the special event jerseys are for those special event days.

Edit: In recent years, Rockies have done Purple Mondays and DBacks have done Teal Tuesdays. Of course the Padres with those Military Sundays. I'm cool with a schedule. It also prevents the overuse of alternates as some teams get into a bad habit of, where you don't see their primary home or road jerseys enough.

4 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

I actually like a schedule as I know when each jersey is supposed to be used. Don't know why, but I like it. It's like "oh today is a teal day." Maybe cuz back in the day when I went to more games I would like to dress accordingly.

 

I agree.

I still wish they had a blue alt, though.

Did anyone else notice this on Friday? I noticed it but I thought maybe I was seeing things...

The sleeve patch is placed incorrectly, the fish bill should point like to "11 o'clock", not straight ahead to 9. The tweet is talking about the ADT logo but I'm talking about the fish. Compare it to the one used in the photo shoot...

20230403_172606.thumb.jpg.db0e563b694285d3fcba0ca5e49478e6.jpg

Also the cap in the photo shoot is accurate to 1993, the ones used in the game were not. 

10 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Did anyone else notice this on Friday? I noticed it but I thought maybe I was seeing things...

The sleeve patch is placed incorrectly, the fish bill should point like to "11 o'clock", not straight ahead to 9. The tweet is talking about the ADT logo but I'm talking about the fish. Compare it to the one used in the photo shoot...

20230403_172606.thumb.jpg.db0e563b694285d3fcba0ca5e49478e6.jpg

Also the cap in the photo shoot is accurate to 1993, the ones used in the game were not. 

Probably someone made the decision to "modernize" or "slightly alter" the throwback uniforms to make them be slightly different than the original ones. Either that or some dumb bunny messed up the design on accident and by the time they realized the mistake the team was like "Ugh, it's fine, no one will know the difference." Not knowing that eagle eyed @SilverBullet will notice and write about it.

Edited by SirFishFan

21 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

The sleeve patch is placed incorrectly, the fish bill should point like to "11 o'clock", not straight ahead to 9. The tweet is talking about the ADT logo but I'm talking about the fish. Compare it to the one used in the photo shoot..

Yeah I noticed it during the game, sloppy

On 4/3/2023 at 5:26 PM, SilverBullet said:

Did anyone else notice this on Friday? I noticed it but I thought maybe I was seeing things...

The sleeve patch is placed incorrectly, the fish bill should point like to "11 o'clock", not straight ahead to 9. The tweet is talking about the ADT logo but I'm talking about the fish. Compare it to the one used in the photo shoot...

20230403_172606.thumb.jpg.db0e563b694285d3fcba0ca5e49478e6.jpg

Also the cap in the photo shoot is accurate to 1993, the ones used in the game were not. 

So the cap in this photo is an actual vintage cap from 1993. The Jersey in this photoshoot is from the 2017 season when Majestic made the uniforms. They glued a nike logo to the chest, and covered the majestic logo with tape. That Roundel fish patch stood out to me right away. What a shame. Between that and the ADT patch, I wish Stanton was still a Marlin.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.