Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sandy Had Tommy John; To Miss 2024 Season

Featured Replies

I saw "God hates the Marlins" as the leading reason why Sandy had to get TJ on a poll.

Lots of folks blaming Donnie B last year too for overusing him in meaningless games...I'm kinda meh on that notion though overall as I don't remember Sandy having wild high pitch counts.

  • Author
47 minutes ago, hovertical said:

I saw "God hates the Marlins" as the leading reason why Sandy had to get TJ on a poll.

Lots of folks blaming Donnie B last year too for overusing him in meaningless games...I'm kinda meh on that notion though overall as I don't remember Sandy having wild high pitch counts.

Yeah I don't think he got over 120 once? Most games he maybe reached 100 or low 90s but in his complete games he was quite efficient.

Even tho its sad, Im honestly happy for him how at peace he is with this, that he accepted this and finally got a resolution and treatment and he will be back better. Would be interesting to hear his surgeon on the injury, and if pitching with the forearm muscle strain and fatigue he had diagnosed a few weeks before the UCL damage had anything to do with it. I don't think last year had anything to do with it, but this year early on there was signs he wasn't the same pitcher. In April he had the 'tendonitis' and was perhaps pitching all year with fatigue and compromised muscles in his arms that led to this.

Edited by UpperDeckFishTank

I said damn outloud when I just found out on Facebook few min ago.

 

So we have...

 

Brax, Jesus, Eury, and maybe Edward Cabrera, Sixto/Rodgers. Do we trade for a starter or FA route?

  • Author
5 minutes ago, enterthemadness said:

I said damn outloud when I just found out on Facebook few min ago.

 

So we have...

 

Brax, Jesus, Eury, and maybe Edward Cabrera, Sixto/Rodgers. Do we trade for a starter or FA route?

Who is Rodgers?

4 minutes ago, enterthemadness said:

I said damn outloud when I just found out on Facebook few min ago.

 

So we have...

 

Brax, Jesus, Eury, and maybe Edward Cabrera, Sixto/Rodgers. Do we trade for a starter or FA route?

I like that rotation. Remember the Marlins won in 03 without our ace AJ with Tommy John surgery. This rotation next year looks good, they all will likely be improved. Jesus, Brax, Cabrera, and Eury are all gonna be All Star potential.

3 minutes ago, Michael said:

Who is Rodgers?

the tall guy who looks like Eli Manning, sometimes you see him celebrating with the team on walk off wins throwing water bottles and stuff.

55 minutes ago, Michael said:

Who is Rodgers?

He's been MIA for two years. Had all star stuff while ago. He's a lefty I think. This team sees a lefty and throws a pokemon ball to catch them.

If it was going to happen I am glad they did the surgery now instead of game 1 or 2 next year if they just tried to rest his arm and go from there.

4 hours ago, TaiwanMarlins said:

So have no any report about the need of TJ then have the picture of he finished the TJ, really surprised. 

Because believe it or not, not everyone feels the need to share everything publicly. Sandy probably asked to keep it quiet. 

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

Because believe it or not, not everyone feels the need to share everything publicly. Sandy probably asked to keep it quiet. 

Good thing he's not friends with Curtis Schilling 

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

Because believe it or not, not everyone feels the need to share everything publicly. Sandy probably asked to keep it quiet. 

Make it public or not, it would be known eventually. 

1 hour ago, TaiwanMarlins said:

Make it public or not, it would be known eventually. 

Yeah we'd probably figure it out when he wasn't pitching next year.  Well, Kim would need some time to evaluate what was happening but the rest of us would catch on quickly.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.