Peter Bendix Named Pres. Of Baseball Ops

Michael

1 minute ago, pollythewog said:

Looks like they ain’t spending $ anytime soon.

I don't think that's a fair assumption. The guy came from a low payroll organization but that doesn't mean he can only run cheap organizations. As I said above it wouldn't shock me if he gets to run an organization as smart as the Rays but now with some more money at his disposal. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I don't think that's a fair assumption. The guy came from a low payroll organization but that doesn't mean he can only run cheap organizations. As I said above it wouldn't shock me if he gets to run an organization as smart as the Rays but now with some more money at his disposal. 

because the Marlins have proven they are ok with spending money under the ownership group.

Ok. 

40 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

because the Marlins have proven they are ok with spending money under the ownership group.

I didn't say they'd be big spenders but Sherman has added to payroll and continues to say he will do so. Just cuz he hired someone from the Rays doesn't mean he has to keep payroll down. I'm just saying it wouldn't shock me if Bendix gets a chance to do the Rays thing with a little more budget than he got in TB. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I didn't say they'd be big spenders but Sherman has added to payroll and continues to say he will do so. Just cuz he hired someone from the Rays doesn't mean he has to keep payroll down. I'm just saying it wouldn't shock me if Bendix gets a chance to do the Rays thing with a little more budget than he got in TB. 

so what?  Marlins are still and have shown zero signs they are going to be anythign but a bottom 1/3 spender.

So  ya I guess its an improvement over the bottom 2 spending team, but ya.  

11 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

having watched the marlins for many many years, they have certainly seemed to open the payroll in very recent years more than usual, without looking up the exact numbers, i would say it has been the biggest spending since the ozzie guillen, heath bell, mark buerhle, jose reyes shopping spree in 2012 when the stadium opened. however. the 1st few sherman years were some of the cheapest, and most of that payroll was just on injured/washed wei-yen chen who was signed under lorias reign. so to me he certainly did 'hoard' profits in those years to 'splurge' these years..... on Avi, Barnes, Segura, and Cueto. which i think is what hes upset about with kim, in that our best players were the cheaper ones and besides this year with soler, our expensive turned out worthless.