23/24 Offseason - Other Teams

rmc523

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/02/dodgers-re-sign-clayton-kershaw.html

Details on Kershaw's deal:

The future Hall of Famer would earn a $1MM bonus for his sixth start next season, $1.5MM for each of his next three starts, and $2MM if he reaches 10 starts. A relief appearance in which he accrues at least nine outs also qualifies, protecting Kershaw in the event he follows an opener.

The $5MM base value of his 2025 player option would escalate based on his ’24 workload by the following amounts:

$2MM for six starts

$3MM apiece for seven through nine starts

$4MM for 10 starts

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/02/giants-to-sign-jorge-soler.html

The Giants are signing Soler, so no reunion:

Details coming soon.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/02/pirates-to-sign-josh-fleming.html

The Pirates and lefty Josh Fleming are in agreement on a split major league contract, reports Robert Murray of FanSided. The Republik Sports client will earn $850K if he’s in the big leagues. Pittsburgh will need to open a spot on the 40-man roster for Fleming to make the contract official.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/02/athletics-sign-scott-alexander.html

The Athletics have agreed to a major league contract with free agent left-hander Scott Alexander, MLBTR has learned. Martin Gallegos of MLB.com first noted that Alexander, a client of Apex Baseball, had a locker set up in the Oakland clubhouse.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/02/rays-close-to-signing-phil-maton.html

The Rays bulked up their bullpen Wednesday, finalizing their previously reported one-year contract with free agent righty Phil Maton.  The Paragon Sports International client is reportedly guaranteed $6.5MM, which takes the form of a $6.25MM salary and a $250K buyout on a $7.75MM club option for the 2025 season.

The offseason continues for all clubs except the marlins....

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/02/red-sox-close-to-deal-with-liam-hendriks.html

The Red Sox are reportedly in agreement with right-hander Liam Hendriks on a two-year deal that will guarantee him $10MM, though he can earn as much as $20MM via incentives. There’s also a 2026 mutual option for the ALIGND Sports Agency client. The deal is pending a physical

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/02/brewers-to-re-sign-brandon-woodruff.html

The Brewers are re-signing righty Brandon Woodruff, per Jon Heyman of The New York Post. It will be a two-year deal for the McKinnis Sports client, though the financial elements of the pact aren’t yet publicly known.

38 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

This Rendon situation is hilarious. He's the worst. Absolutely family is a priority but what a bad look to walk into work and just be like yea I don't really care about this very much.

Screenshot_20240221_090220_BleacherReport.thumb.jpg.b77ebf72a86105f524c14a010c9fedce.jpg

Screenshot_20240221_083906_Instagram.thumb.jpg.65bf1da9c6c85c5d7eafd80e32dd6b1b.jpg

Nearly every person I know feels that way about work dude. Good for you if you don't - but if I could afford it I'd quit yesterday. I don't give two shits about the company I work for but personal pride still means I bust ass and I've gotten a perfect review for nine years running and 11 of the 12 I've worked for them. 

That mindset can absolutely coexist alongside a great work ethic.

Edited by Daddy Dix

20 minutes ago, Admin said:

What happened that year

Oddly enough I won their yearly award which meant flying me out to Orlando for a week and giving me tickets to various theme parks, attending functions all with open bars, and they even rented out Universal Studios for 3 hours at night for us to ride whatever we wanted with no lines.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Daddy Dix said:

Nearly every person I know feels that way about work dude. Good for you if you don't - but if I could afford it I'd quit yesterday. I don't give two shits about the company I work for but personal pride still means I bust ass and I've gotten a perfect review for nine years running and 11 of the 12 I've worked for them. 

That mindset can absolutely coexist alongside a great work ethic.

You don't say that publicly as you pull in on the first day of work. 100% family comes first but this guy just told everyone he doesn't give a shit about his play. Rendon doesn't have a great work ethic, he's said crap like this before. He also said it's not a priority. Work should definitely be one of his priorities even if not the top one. 

18 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

You don't say that publicly as you pull in on the first day of work. 100% family comes first but this guy just told everyone he doesn't give a shit about his play. Rendon doesn't have a great work ethic, he's said crap like this before. He also said it's not a priority. Work should definitely be one of his priorities even if not the top one. 

agree to disagree.  I have zero issues with anything he said.  Owners don't really give a shit about the players either so it's every man for himself.  He's also not a rookie so it's not really his first day of work when he's all pie-eyed and dreaming big. He's been playing in the league for a LONG time. 

I hope as a result the Angels treat him like a fucking employee then and make him actually fulfill his media obligations et al (because I believe thats part of his contract), because he has been a fucking prick to all of the media since he became an Angel, avoiding the media at all costs and when talking to them coming off as a prick with answers that dont actually answer anything.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Daddy Dix said:

agree to disagree.  I have zero issues with anything he said.  Owners don't really give a shit about the players either so it's every man for himself.  He's also not a rookie so it's not really his first day of work when he's all pie-eyed and dreaming big. He's been playing in the league for a LONG time. 

And he's been a massive disappointment and a joke since signing with the Angels. The last thing that guy should be saying publicly is that this isn't his priority because he's done zero to make the Angels fans believe he even wants to help them win. Even if it's fake media talk he's the number one guy who should be out there saying "I'm ready to give it 110% this season!" 

• Like 1

Just now, Admin said:

Must depend on who they are working with that day

No it was honestly more than that. It's not just having sex on camera. Also stuff about so many production companies being total shit and making it difficult for them like literally not letting them stop to eat and stuff like that. I think the article was more about how a lot more companies are starting to improve and be more professional and easy to work with. 

Just now, SilverBullet said:

No it was honestly more than that. It's not just having sex on camera. Also stuff about so many production companies being total shit and making it difficult for them like literally not letting them stop to eat and stuff like that. I think the article was more about how a lot more companies are starting to improve and be more professional and easy to work with. 

I am concerned with your research into this

Even the Pirates are extending guys....

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/02/pirates-mitch-keller-extension-five-years.html

The Pirates and right-hander Mitch Keller are in agreement on a five-year contract extension, Jeff Passan and Kiley McDaniel of ESPN report. It’s a $77MM guarantee for the 27-year-old righty, per Jason Mackey of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Kevin Gorman of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that the new contract includes the 2024 campaign and runs through 2028. Keller had previously been slated to reach free agency following the 2025 campaign.