Everything posted by Blackru_fish
-
Marlins at Padres ---Game 3 (4:05 PM ET)
One Word can sum up Marlins games this season - B-O-O-R-I-N-G
-
Great Game Last Night
Would just like to say it was a great game for us last night wasn't it? Phillies sometimes look like they are trying to lose, lets just hope there's more of the same tonight and Sunday. Cabrera is looking real good now too, his batting average is sweet. We definitely will be tonnes better if that kind of hitting from Enc and Cabs is shown daily rather than once a week showings. More of the same and we really will win the NL East. Go MARLINS!!! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
-
Where is the OFFENSE???
My goodness.....our pitching has kept us in EVERY single game 4 runs or less??? And we have 0 offense. I know it is early but this is frustrating to Marlin fans. 744644[/snapback] WildMarlinMan, You're right. Its gonna hurt us a lot this year if we don't start hitting the ball. Enc seems to be the only one stepping up with big game hits - and even those are a slight rarity.
-
Two grand slams in a week
If he does it again this week I swear I'll buy a shirt with Encarnacion on the back.
-
Beckett
Would just like to add to the discussion: Beckett - I never doubted him :notworthy :notworthy 100th post. YAY :lol
-
A Few things.
Would just like to say hi for the first time this season. Just been reading a few posts and have to ask - Do you think the first 5 games will reflect the rest of the season? >Great pitching (1st in major league), but struggling to win close games. I don't want this to be the team that can't win from behind.
-
Pick the First
Hit - Castillo Double - Gonzalez Triple - Conine HR - Cabrera RBI - Cabrera Run Scored - Castillo (+1) Stolen Base - Lowell Caught Stealing - Pierre Error - Delgado Win - Beckett (+1) 2
-
Simpsons Quote Thread
Comic Store Guy: "Ooh, A 'Sarcasm Detector', that's a really useful invention" - 'Sarcasm Detector' blows up. :lol
-
ESPN MLB Ranking
Wow, I'm a little bit shocked to see us that high in ratings. It's hard to follow Baseball in the offseason here in the UK, but I wasn't aware that our team was supposed to be that good. I was looking at the roster last week and thinking we may only finish 5 games over .500 this year - What Gives?? OK, I know we sold some goodens like Pavano and so on, which has brough extra money to the team, but are we really as good a team as the ratings say? However I still think we should do better than last year. So many factors went against us. Perhaps this year we can stretch our legs - (or fins).
-
Cabs
I would go for 41-50, but that may be a little optimistic. He hit 33 last year - so he could easily reach 40+ Would just like to say hi again too. Seems like ages since last season.
- Age
-
Let's join
I'll be rooting for the Cards and A's assuming they make it 571836[/snapback] Yes, that's a world series I would like to see this year.
-
upcoming movie sequels
I will only be going to see one of those films. And that is STAR WARS. At least that counts as a sequel (or prequel), the other films are just cop-outs for yet more money. Maybe Harry Potter counts, but I haven't seen any of the other 3 so it's unlikely I'll ever go and see the 4th film.
-
Let's join
I'd like to see the Cards win it, though I'm not all that bothered as we're a no show this year. The Cards deserve to win it, but we all know that a solid regular season means almost nothing once October starts.
-
Out-of-State Marlins fans
My brother stated to watch baseball at the start of the 1997 season. His favourite team were the Mariners (Griffey, A-Rod etc). So I started to watch aswell and ESPN at the time showed a lot of Marlins games and although I had never heard of them before after I saw my first game on TV (which was a Marlins one thankfully) I said 'I like the Marlins'. Also I'm a Pisces so I liked the connections with Fish and so on. And that Edgar Renteria shared the same Christian name as me (though I could have said that about the Mariners too). Lucky they won the WS that year too.
-
Do you find it hard to trust people?
This poll is worded a bit strange. I mean, Do I find it hard to trust people? Well actually I find it easy to trust people, although I was taught to never trust people (not even yourself). So technically I could answer either way.
-
Phils vs Marlins - 9/22 @ 7:05pm
We missed D Lee and Pudge this season.? With our same offense from 03' we win the wild card. 568989[/snapback] You wanna pay the 16-18 million that woulda cost? 568999[/snapback] How much is the World Series worth? Anyway - D Lee wasn't that good. His postseason performances were average at best.
-
Phils vs Marlins - 9/22 @ 7:05pm
Sure we need a spark somewhere, but how? I waited the best part of a week for a homerun to do it and we hit 3 in one innings. Since then homeruns have looked as hopeful as shooting stars. Didn't they consider buying Admin Walker a couple of months ago? Or was that just ESPN saying they should buy him? Anyhow, that's what we needed, not Enc hitting once a week, or once the game is already over etc.
-
Phils vs Marlins - 9/22 @ 7:05pm
i cant believe we blow so many oppertunities 568969[/snapback] It's almost predictable though. If that was earlier in the season I would have been very surprised at the blow out. A big base hit there was hard to even imagine though.
-
Phils vs Marlins - 9/22 @ 7:05pm
Kensing should just be thinking he's lucky to be playing and enjoy the moment. I think the game is lost anyway. :confused
-
Phils vs Marlins - 9/22 @ 7:05pm
Blackru fish, shouldnt your sig say "i am underperforming, so i will blame my ERA on my shortstop who has undoubtedly saved me from tons of runs and hits"? 568932[/snapback] Haha Funny. Perhaps it should, but it doesn't. I guess someone has to support our players. My sig refers his Complete Games, but also might show that I believe he will finish what he has started. A lot of fans here think he's had his best already (but which I believe is only the begining). We shall see. If he left next season to the Yankees or something like that I will remove it very quickly, I can assure you.
-
Phils vs Marlins - 9/22 @ 7:05pm
The commentator said it all there; "The way this Marlins offense has been going lately, a three run lead seems monumental" That's just what I've been thinking these past two weeks. We just don't score enough runs, especially from behind.
-
Fly high Teal men, fly high!
If the Marlins win this game, the Giants will lead in the wildcard race. The Marlins will only be back by 4 losses. This creates very good scenarios for the Marlins566323[/snapback] What very good scenarios? Say Houston beat SF tonight, then they're both level (leading the WC). But then either both teams win 1 of 2 each - or one of those teams takes the next 2, which either way means we gain very little ground even with a sweep of Phillies. And that's not even thinking about what Chicago might do. I don't think you thought this out very well.
-
Phillies at Marlins - Game 1 of 3
I've been waiting for this series for ages. Would be good to send Phillies back to .500 for the season after these sets. Florida need to go 12-1 the rest of the way now, in order to match last season's record. That is probably what we need also, if we have any chance of winning the Wild Card, but it would depend a lot on the Cubs/Braves/Astros losing.
-
Star Wars Original Trilogy Dvd's
I received my DVD's yesterday and have seen most of the Docs and all of ANH. And I must say I'm very happy. These so called purists who want the originals are way up their own a***s over the changes. Go make your own film, then you can make all the changes or NOT, as the case is. Those who want only the originals obviously have no intention of seeing episodes 1-3 as this is why changes have been made, for consistency purposes. I, as a matter of fact, like the prequels very much, even if they are a little different in style. I mean the Qui-Gonn/Obi-Wan/D Maul fight makes Vader/OB1 in ANH look like nothing more than a game of footsie. Another thing, have you actually seen the originals recently, the picture quality is really poor IMO. Would you want those on a DVD, or would they need to be cleaned up first? Loads of old films are cleaned up for DVD release, and this time Lucas has cleaned it up to make it even better than the Special Editions. The sound is excellent (and I'm sure plenty of sounds have been tweaked with, for better consistency with eps 1-3). There are also tiny details that have been upgraded that few have noticed aside from the glaringly obvious scenes like Ian McDiarmid in ESB and so on. I could go on - but I won't. However, there is no need for the old version to be on DVD. It looks s**t, and is not what Lucas wanted in the first place in many scenes because of the problems with money and time etc. Now he can amend that and more and see it in the way he wanted it to be, not the way a few narrow minded fans would like it. I'll stick with a quality version, you can stick with the version you taped off the telly. :lol :lol :lol