Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SHUfishfan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SHUfishfan

  1. Anyone concerned that perhaps Rios year last year might of just been a career half of a year and he never will do something like that again? not me agreed here...I think Rios is worth making a big move for he's an unbelieveable talent and I think it would be a great move.
  2. sleep is overrated anyways agreed sleeping is for the weak.
  3. Reitsma > Dan Kolb 5 pounds of crap> 10 pounds of crap
  4. After Pokey Reese left last year I totally thought this was thread was gonna say Alex Sanchez joined him in the witness protection program.
  5. Can I crap in a bag and put it in CF? Now that's a cheap option. Cheap and Best option
  6. SHUfishfan replied to a post in a topic in Off-Topic
    rutgers has STDs so I'll pass At Rutgers University, the rates of infection of students with STD varied little with the form of contraception used. For example, 35 to 44% of the sexually active students were infected with one or more STDs whether they used no contraceptive, oral contraceptive, the diaphragm, or condoms. It is significant to note that condoms, the hero of the "safe sex" message, provided virtually no protection from STDs. http://www.leaderu.com/orgs/probe/docs/epid-std.html Ya as another Jersey college student I wouldn't go touch a rutgers girl with a ten foot pole.
  7. SHUfishfan replied to a post in a topic in Off-Topic
    I didn't know they had flavored condoms..that's interesting I hope you're below the age of 17. Anyone ever reuse one of those things? The flavor goes away. :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: I'll second that... :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:
  8. I'd trade Josh Johnson for Baldelli. How do the Rays think he compares to Olsen? I think Olsen, Sanchez, and Willis should be kept off of the table. I have to agree with this, I'd like to keep those three off the table unless there is another team willing to "make a mistake"
  9. Wow great job...What program did you guys use?
  10. I'd love the move but I think teams are gonna be willing to spend more than we would risk.
  11. Young has been great recently you gotta stay with him.
  12. Johnson, Nolasco, Uggla and Olivo should come back down to earth (I'd be ecstatic if two of them don't). Sanchez can't possibly keep up his torrid pace from last season (if he does, he'd be a 24 game winner). Jacobs' ceiling is not that much higher than what he put up last season, hurt or not, he still can't command the strike zone worth a darn. Adding an extra 60 runs or so from Hermida's increase in production will not offset the inevitable decline in production from the aforementioned names, to say nothing of the bullpen. Why should they? because of "sophmore slumps"? because "the league is figuring them out"? Give me a break. As the competition gets better, they will keep up. The first 3 now have a full year in majors behind them - they will be better prepared. Olivo - remains to be seen. Since he's been in the NL though he's been a different player, and there's no really good reason (that I know of) to expect that to change. I agree about Sanchez, but he doesn't need to win 24 games (would be nice). He could slow down, and I think there would still be a realistic possibility of DTrain, JJ, & Sanchez winning 15 or more a piece. If Jacobs healthy can be half as productive as he was in NY in 05 (11 HR in 100 ABs) and he played the whole season (say 600 ABs) that should figure to around 30 HRs, and you can figure other stuff from there. But the fact is that a healthy Jacobs would be significantly more productive than he was last year, despite what ever inexplicable reasons you all have to dismiss it and claim where his "ceiling" is. Just like Olivo was going to bat 230 last year and max out at 6 HRs. Hermida won't be the only player improving next season. More players will improve than regress. We said the same things about Jason Vargas this time last year...For every guy that will "keep up" there are players that don't and go through that slump, I agree that some may get better but I think it's something that we really don't know one way or the other but I think in baseball we see a trend of a sophomore slump and having a lot of sophomores on this team it is something we need to take into consideration during the free agent period adding another player such as a centerfielder would less the blow caused if one of main players slumps.
  13. haha hilarious
  14. I really don't think we can stand pat and expect to still have as good a season as last year I think there will be sophomore slumps on this team and I think it would help to add help. If all we get is Mesa and Hernandez I don't think that will be enough to improve a club looking to get better. Why? Last year we had 2 guys (Hermida & Jacobs) who were hurt & underperforming last season. Even if everyone stays level (and I think it's ridiculous to think the entire team or most of the team will regress/slump next year) and just those two come in healthy and live up to their expectations, the team will be better. The rotation will be what it was at it's best last season. Not to mention DTrain won't start the season still trying to find his rythm after the WBC & all. The team will be better even without an addition. Although I'd like a better CF to put us over the top. Johnson, Nolasco, Uggla and Olivo should come back down to earth (I'd be ecstatic if two of them don't). Sanchez can't possibly keep up his torrid pace from last season (if he does, he'd be a 24 game winner). Jacobs' ceiling is not that much higher than what he put up last season, hurt or not, he still can't command the strike zone worth a darn. Adding an extra 60 runs or so from Hermida's increase in production will not offset the inevitable decline in production from the aforementioned names, to say nothing of the bullpen. Basically all he said :thumbup
  15. I really don't think we can stand pat and expect to still have as good a season as last year I think there will be sophomore slumps on this team and I think it would help to add help. If all we get is Mesa and Hernandez I don't think that will be enough to improve a club looking to get better.
  16. Rumor going around now that Paul Dee and Mike Leach have tried to work out a scenario where Leach would become the Hurricanes head coach and Shannon would be elevated to assistant head coach, as well as receiving a substantial pay raise. This is an effort by UM to pair one of the best offensive and defensive minds in the NCAA together at the top of the staff. I'd love to see that Leach is a great offensive mind and I love what Shannon does with our Defense.
  17. Are these actually trade rumors you've seen or are u making them up based on what u heard from Rosenthal.
  18. Any chance we get BJ and Baldelli, or Cantu and BALDELLI? We dont' really need Cantu and I think if we gave up enough to get BJ and Baldelli we wouldn't be happy with how much we gave up this is the devil rays were talking about they'd want wayyyy too much that in the end we'd be suffering.
  19. I stopped reading when he mentioned reggie but i'm gonna say it's a bad deal.
  20. While I agree with him being fired I still think he deserves Manager of the Year...Congrat Joe best of luck.
  21. SHUfishfan replied to a post in a topic in Off-Topic
    Terrible absolutely Terrible
  22. I like the new look they needed a more desert like color anyways so it flows
  23. SHUfishfan replied to a post in a topic in Off-Topic
    Thanks a lot!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.