Everything posted by SHUfishfan
-
I have 258 bucks...
ya dude go buy some 99 cent wendys chicken nuggets or a frosty.
-
Brockton Rox challenge Florida Marlins
I always trust the opinion of the intelligent chickenman :plain
-
Who is going to the Marlins/D-Rays series
i'll be there with my friends.
-
Marlins-Rays This Weekend
I go every year with my friends this will be our third year. It's a great trip anyone that can go should go it's a fun time.
-
For those of you who wish we had a chance to defend ourselves on 9/11
Agreed with you guys that's wrong.
-
KaZaa Lite
my advice, get a life! :notworthy :notworthy
-
Herald Stadium Update
Everyone thought the Orange Bowl site was done deal. Care to show this information? Sounds like your opinion to me. Maybe you can show me some quotes from "everyone" that said the Orange Bowl site was a "done deal". I don't remember that being said by anyone related to that negotiation, ever. But since you boys from Texas seem to know a lot about the inner workings of South Florida negotiations maybe you can show me some of those quotes from "everyone". It was a horrible choice for a location and got what it deserved. NEXT! hialeah's worse, imo. For crying out loud people! Do you really care where the freakin' stadium is built as long as it's in South Florida? I don't care if they built the damn thing in the middle of Alligator Alley, I'd still go to games. Agreed, when we first went looking for a stadium i cared about location but now all I want is a stadium in South Florida.
-
Mitre to miss a couple of starts
what about a call up of someone? Pettit for a few games? I'd want to see Petit but I'm not sure if he's ready yet. But between Vargas and Ricky i gotta chose Ricky.
- Happy Birthday Das
-
You Manage: Who pitches 8th?
Anyone except Herges so I have no problem with Joe's choice. Same opinion here.
-
Autograph lady.
that woman with the HUGE breasts that sits in the infield box seats on the third base side and is obviously looking to hook up with opposing picthers in the 'pen. The bleached blonde lady from the Maroone commercial? I couldn't tell you, I haven't seen her in the Maroone commericals and I haven't seen her face up close. I know who both of you are talking about and they are 2 different people.
-
D-Train? More like AmTrac
The "D-Train" got derailed something fierce tonight. The comparison to AmTrac is cause he too, crashes and burns and causes death. (Cause after tonights game I feel like jumping off a bridge.) Great second post here, can't wait for your third. :plain
-
D-Train talk on Around The Horn
Bring back Wiley. Couldn't agree more he helped us so much last year. As for D-train i think he'll win 13 games just because i think at the end this team will get better and his confidence will rise and will get more run support.
-
for those of you that were at todays game
for those of yout hat went today.. today was without a doubt the most boring game i've ever been to in my life. and i've been to hundreds of marlins games. i know they're young and i know they're going to lose a lot. but i still think they're fun to watch. today however. unbelievable, i'm an avid baseball fan and am a fan of the sport but i couldn't help from not even watching the damn game, i found cleaning my sunglasses more exciting. something needs to be done about the in game entertainment, its horrendous. no wonder people don't go, aside from us sucking theres nothing exciting to see, no promotions no nothing. get some grandmas out and dance like they do at heat games, PLAY MUSIC. we get 4 songs a game and the organist doesn't play anything during a rally unless theres 2 outs and 2 strikes on the batter. they need some serious help in the in game operations department. Agreed today's game was extremely boring but I think it also had to do with the people i was sitting with :mischief
-
new pet
Thrilling :plain :plain :plain :plain :plain :plain :plain :plain
-
Reggie Jackson offered to become part-owner?
A small update, Reggie's group wants to move a team to Las Vegas. hmmm... maybe his other investors include charles barkley and john daley :mischief2 :lol :lol
-
Mexican Holiday
I'll admit I chuckled a bit.
-
Mikey doing well with Boston
I'm happy for him it's great to see him turn it back around.
-
Upcoming TV Shows on DVD
I might get Dinosaurs. That show was amazing. I got it this morning and it's so worth it, although i've been doing more of watching than studying for finals.
-
When do we Fire Joe Girardi?
Bring Back John Boles.
-
Marlins interested in Borchard
It's sad we decide on player on who sucks the least.
-
Moving Willis by deadline makes sense
I don't like the idea of Trading D-Train but if it's the right package I would consider it.
-
Moving Willis by deadline makes sense
Moving Willis by deadline makes sense Ken Rosenthal / FOXSports.com Posted: 24 minutes ago Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria keeps denying that the team might trade left-hander Dontrelle Willis, growing increasingly outraged by each new round of speculation. What Loria can't deny is the sheer logic of moving Willis at the July 31 non-waiver deadline if the rebuilding Marlins get the right offer. Willis, 24, will appeal not just to the losers of the Roger Clemens sweepstakes, but also to any surprise team that wants to maintain its early momentum with a midseason blockbuster. For example, what if the Reds offered a package including third baseman Edwin Encarnacion and top pitching prospect Homer Bailey? Dontrelle Willis is just 24 and could be a hot commodity at the end of July. The notion isn't as far-fetched as it might appear. The Reds' new owners want to win. And while Encarnacion and Bailey would be a high price, the Reds would get Willis for the rest of this season and all of 2007 and '08 before he becomes a free agent. Yes, Willis' salaries in arbitration likely will exceed $7 million '07 and $10 million in '08. But his arrival would change the entire dynamic of the franchise. Willis is one of the few players in the majors who is an actual draw. If he stayed healthy ? a big "if" with any pitcher ? he would pay for himself. And, as the Marlins' Loria surely recognizes, other clubs might want Willis for the same reasons as the Reds, creating the possibility of a frenzied auction before the July 31 non-waiver deadline. Say the Brewers, like the Reds, hang around in the National League Central. Perhaps they would want to pair Willis with right-hander Ben Sheets at the top of their rotation. Perhaps they would offer a package starting with second baseman Rickie Weeks. The Diamondbacks could be in a similar position in the NL West, seeking to put together a 1-2 combination of Willis and right-hander Brandon Webb. Outfielder Carlos Quentin and shortstop Stephen Drew are among the many Arizona prospects who could spur the Marlins' interest. Then there are the more obvious potential suitors. The Dodgers, Red Sox, Angels and Cubs all boast strong farm systems. Imagine the Mets adding Willis to their impressive young core. Imagine the Braves getting Willis to go with Tim Hudson and John Smoltz. Still with us, Mr. Loria? See you July 31 ? if not before. Link
-
AAA
My roommate came in on Saturday night and they were showing like a group of fans all in white and he thought that it was a summer camp and was wondering why they got such good seats.
-
Show me lineups!!!!!!!!!
I hope JP goes 5 for 5 and we win. Couldn't agree more. :thumbup