Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

fanfish

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fanfish

  1. Hi Marlins fans, first of all: Sorry for my awful english. I'm from Germany and me and my family will visit beautiful Miami in August this year. So I thought we can watch a baseball game on the 5th. Marlins hosts the Phillies. But unfortunately my Mom ( credit card holder ) is not a big baseball fan actually and everyone outside US and Canada needs a credit card to order the tickets and to pick 'em up at the stadium. Now my question is: Is it possible to buy couple tickets on game day? But against the Phillies im worried that the tickets are selled very quick? What do you think? Maybe you can help us? Thank you August 5 is a Thursday. You won't have any problems getting tickets at the box office on game day. I am absolutely sure the game will not sellout. Welcome to Miami!
  2. So whats the deal with people waiting until before the 2011 season to buy season tickets in order to secure seats in the new stadium? Will that work? Are we going to see a huge boost in season tickets for next season? I went for broke this year. I got the full season ticket package for this year and for 2011! It cost me a bundle but I plan to sell lots of tickets for all the games I can't attend on Stub Hub. Since I get a discounted price for the tickets I can afford to sell them for my cost (including the 15% Stub Hub fee) and still make it inviting for potential buyers by making my selling price cheaper than the box office price. I may even be able to make some money for the Mets, Phillies, Cubs and Braves games. I'll be glad to keep everyone posted on how things go though out the season. If it goes well, it may encourage more people to buy season tickets and help the team in that way.
  3. Hit - Coghlan Double - Hanley Triple - Maybin HR - Hanley RBI - Hanley Run Scored -Coghlan Stolen Base - Maybin Caught Stealing -Maybin Error -Uggla Win -Johnson 1/8 thus far
  4. Marlins stars I never liked for whatever reason: Brown, Penny, Shefield, Floyd, Burnett, Beckett, As opposed to these stars that I believe are everyone's favorites: Willis, Lowell, Conine, Pierre, Johnson(Charles and Josh),Cody,and many others...
  5. I went to a game in San Diego and parked in a parking garage. I was very pleasantly surprised at the speed at which the garage emptied. With the help of the cops that stopped the street traffic every few minutes, we found ourselves actually speeding down the garage ramps and onto the streets in no time.
  6. The fast lanes going north on 95 always kick ass for me. Yeah, same here, although I don't live in Miami anymore and have only used them a few times. I really like those lanes. Wouldn't mind having them in PBC. I seem to have the bad luck of always buying shoes where the right one is alot heavier than the left one, if ya know what I mean. Just a couple questions.... Are they really better during rush hour traffic? And during that time how is it to get from them way over to the right to get off on an exit? They guarantee that the user of the fast lanes will be going at least 50 m/h (I was able to go much faster when I used them). They do this by increasing the toll as the use increases, which in turn decreases their use and therefore keeps the fast lanes from getting over crowded. This means that the rush hour use cost more but you will indeed be going at least 50 miles an hour. As far as getting off the fast lanes:the exit is restricted to the final destination only. Going north it is the Golden Glades interchange and going south it is Miami (or an exit really close to Miami, I'm not sure about this) Kinda lost me on that one. This was our first time. And we went strictly by what my Dash Nag told us to do. Seems like the fast lanes ended at about 836 (is that Golden Glades?). But I still have to wonder how it is going to be getting from the far left to the far right to get onto 836 during rush hour. From there it seems pretty much a breeze. Of course that's at about 11:00 or so on a Saturday morning. Going to try it a couple times during rush hour traffic. I just have this feeling it is going to basically shut us out of any week night games. 15-20 minutes more each way on the week ends is one thing, during the week in heavy traffic is something else. Some of us have to work the next day. BTW This isn't a complaint. We are trying to adjust to the new pond by checking out how things might be and then planning ahead for that. I get frustrated with the folks from Broward and PBC that just complain and say they won't be returning in 2012 without at least trying a sample run or two to back themselves up. We will keep our season tickets for a year or two after the change and then reevaluate how things are going. But I will say that StubHub has been pretty good to us for selling tix we know we won't be using. Highway 836 west (Dolphin Expressway) is the exit that you need to take from 95 when you are going SOUTH toward the new ballpark. There should not be a problem going from the left lanes to the right lanes at that time since the main rush hour traffic will be going north on 95. The Golden Glades interchange is in the north Miami area where the Palmetto (826) meets I-95. This is where the express lanes end when going NORTH on I-95. However for those of you that live in Broward and Palm Beach counties, getting out of Miami, if you take the north bound fast lanes on I-95, you can stay on the left lanes after the fast lanes end and take the fly-over which will put you back on 95 north when it rejoins the main traffic lanes north of the Golden Glades interchange. But at the time the games end, the traffic going north on I-95 will probably not be so bad and you may save a couple of buck by not having to use the express lanes going north.
  7. The fast lanes going north on 95 always kick ass for me. Yeah, same here, although I don't live in Miami anymore and have only used them a few times. I really like those lanes. Wouldn't mind having them in PBC. I seem to have the bad luck of always buying shoes where the right one is alot heavier than the left one, if ya know what I mean. Just a couple questions.... Are they really better during rush hour traffic? And during that time how is it to get from them way over to the right to get off on an exit? They guarantee that the user of the fast lanes will be going at least 50 m/h (I was able to go much faster when I used them). They do this by increasing the toll as the use increases, which in turn decreases their use and therefore keeps the fast lanes from getting over crowded. This means that the rush hour use cost more but you will indeed be going at least 50 miles an hour. As far as getting off the fast lanes:the exit is restricted to the final destination only. Going north it is the Golden Glades interchange and going south it is Miami (or an exit really close to Miami, I'm not sure about this)
  8. The wife wants to take a cruise past the site before we hit FanFest on Saturday. It would be interesting. I recommend it. The Web Cam doesn't really allow you to appreciate the humongous size of the columns and the rest of the structures that are already up.
  9. I hate to say it but, I've almost given up on Allison. He was supposed to be a can't miss prospect in 2003 after having a monster senior year in high school. As we all know, his drug habit did him in and his come back was been less than stellar. To be fair, he was chosen to play in the Single A All-Star game last year and was promoted to Double A at the end of the season. What worries me is that, he is 26 years old , and he is not frequently mentioned among the elite prospects. I believe that in the next couple of years we'll find out if he will be able to stay clean and progress enough to become the major leaguer we all thought he could be.
  10. For those who are interested in every detail of our new stadium's progress, they began to lift the rails for the roof this morning. You can see the first beam (Northwest side of the stadium, closest to the plaza) several feet off the ground in the latest webcam picture. Enjoy!! One Step Closer!!! That huge horizontal beam seems to be almost in position now. Love to see the stadium inching its way up before our eyes!
  11. They are referring to the practice of moving moneys from one account to another to make the city's finances look as good as possible.
  12. I read today that the Securities and Exchange Commission will be looking into the financial transactions of the City of Miami. The new mayor, Regalado, had postponed the bonds sale to pay for the parking garages in order to get better prices. Well, with these new developments, I don't think the City will be getting favorable ratings and the bonds will most likely be much more difficult to sell at a low interest rates. What this means is that the City of Miami will have to pay higher interest to the buyer of the bonds in order to get the money the city will need to pay for the parking garages. It is too late to back away from their commitment of building the garages, so get ready to read a bunch of articles about how the garages will now cost a whole bunch more than they originally thought, etc, etc, etc .....
  13. Bottom line: 1. If we don't sign JJ to a multi-year contract....he is here one more year (2010)for $4 million. The Marlins have control of him for 2011 also, but for him to have value for another team he needs to be traded before the 2011 season. We would get incredible prospects for him. Great starting pitching is always in great demand and rich teams that will be able to afford his free agent contract will no doubt part with their future stars (Beckett for Hanley type of trade). 2. If we should sign him for 3 years (this would include one free agent year), we would have him for 2 years if we follow the above logic. It would cost the Marlins $7.3 million per year and would trade him before the 2012 season. 3. If we do sign JJ for 4 years (two free agent years) we would only have him for 3 years (though the 2012 season)at $10 million per year. The longer the contract, the more expensive per year because it would include more "potential free agent" years, but still at a bargain compared with his future free agent salary because JJ would get monetary security for at least a few years even if he blows out his arm again. Nobody really knows what will happen. A lot of factors are probably affecting the club's decision. How well the Marlins do in the next few seasons will probably influence how much they will spend on payroll leading to the big move into the new ballpark, but I would guess that the Marlins will keep him at least for the 2012 season not to lessen the enthusiasm of the fans at this crucial time in the club's history.
  14. We had the lowest payroll in baseball and finished with a better record than the winner of the American League Central Division. I think Fredie did a damn good job!
  15. Restaurant owners don't demand a chef win a cooking competition while providing him average ingredients. With the exception of Hanley, JJ, Coughlan and Cantu, the Marlins had average to below average players who performed as well as can be expected. Mr. Loria.....don't blame Fredi and open up your wallet now, don't wait until 2012. You are risking your future fan base by once again insulting the fans and testing their patience.
  16. They mentioned it on the telecast of the Marlins game today. Tommy was making fun of him.
  17. If you don't count that 11-1 start, the Marlins are a game under .500. I count the 11-1 start. Why wouldn't you?
  18. The Marlins are not playoff bound. I hope that is clear to everyone by now. However, what a fantastic season this has been! Beginning with the 11-1 start and ending with meaningful games in September. All with the lowest payroll in baseball! With our minor league teams full of potential stars and the new stadium in the horizon I feel that our future is very bright. I suggest we all pick our individual "second favorite team" to win the World Series and enjoy the post-season while our imagination begins to fuel discussions of how our Marlins will look in 2010 and beyond.
  19. I look at that site every day! I sometimes can't believe that it is actually happenig after 10 years of fighting for the stadium.
  20. There was a rumor that Penny almost went to one of his former teams, the Florida Marlins, rather than the Giants but he says that was never close to happening. "Honestly, I wasn't going to Florida," he said. "I want to play in front of some fans." Ouch. Guess he's not planning to go there ever again. Source: CBS Sports
  21. There is no way in hell that Braman will win this. The judge that decided the case a few months ago was very careful and deliberate, even waiting for the State Supreme Court to settle a relevant case before she made her final judgement. She knew that the decision would automatically be appealed by Braman or the Marlins, so she made darn sure to make a decision that would not be overturned. This is Braman's last ditch effort that he is forced to make in order not to look like a quitter. I am not worried at all.
  22. If we got Hoffman it is safe to say our bullpen just did an immediate 360. Did you mean "180"?
  23. With 35 games left to play being behind 4.5 games in the Wild Card race does not seem so difficult to overcome. But when you take a closer look, it will be very difficult for the Marlins to pull this one off. Assuming that the Rockies will only win half of their remaining games, the Marlins will have to win 23 of the remaining 35 games in order to make the playoffs. The Rockies playing .500 ball and the Marlins going 23-12 doesn't sound very realistic to me, but I'm still hoping for a bit of a miracle.
  24. Miller should follow West down to the minors. The problem is that we may not have anyone ready to take his place. I wasn't worrying too much about Sanchez's progress, but now I wish he were ready to take Miller's place in the rotation.
  25. Pedro is in Philadelphia for a physical. If he passes he most likely will sign with the Phillies. The Phillies GM said that even if they sign Pedro, they may not be through making moves to improve the team. Can he mean Halladay? If they get both of them, the Marlins can forget trying to catch and keep up with the Phillies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.