Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wild Card

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wild Card

  1. And Dodgers will be DFA'ing Jensen according to Passan Seriously, I hope they pick him up. Between him and Canha NO lost their big bats.
  2. Of course you think that Has Pedro Alvares ever posted an .800+ OPS?
  3. they dont need haren Neither do we, but that doesn't mean he's not better than his replacement.
  4. Yes, people would love our outfield and Jose Fernandez. My point is it's very loaded to the outfield and one particular special pitcher. All that pitching 'depth;' is another word for a bunch of No. 4-5 starters. Alvarez, Eovaldi, Cosart, and Latos are not exactly 4-5 starters. Thise four alone are better than most teams 1-3 starters.
  5. The dodgers actually improved their team as Kendrick > Dee And lost Haren
  6. Eovaldi was actually pretty solid in the first half hit he need to really work inside more, develop the changeup, start using that 92-94 cutter he used to throw, and finally go back to the two seamer. With the exception of the changeup, I'm pretty sure he used to do all of those things and should bode well with his increased control. He was very good in the first half and equally as bad in the second half.
  7. Stanton would have to hover around .300 and average over 35 home runs to give himself a shot at topping $30MM a year. The opt out I believe is incase Salaries get to stupid territory, like 35-40MM a year and he's not locked into a below market deal. His contract is designed for him to lose the value of the contract if he opts out, by playing below market in the first 6 years. He would have never signed that contract as it is if he intended to opt out in 6 years, he would have pushed for more money in the front end to cash as much of the $325 he can. He also wouldn't have pushed for escalators and incentives if he thought his deal would be too team friendly Perfectly said.
  8. If Stanton keeps being Stanton for the next 6 years there's a very good shot he opts out and will get paid even more than what's left on his contract w the fish He would have to go on a Pujols/Cabrera run to get a team willing to even match the second half of that contract at 31.
  9. I would agree with Conley working his way back in the top 10 when healthy and Rosa right on the fringe as well I'm hoping Rosa can become a legit prospect. We desperately need one at 1B right now.
  10. I dont think anyone has used WAR selectively for Saltalamacchia, as it's kind of pointless, he wasn't good in any of them. You're the worst culprit. He was worth 1.3 WAR by fangraphs yet you think he was terrible. You just proved my point:
  11. I think we won both trades as of this minute because we improved our ball club and the Dodgers and Reds did not. I think in 5 years the Reds might have the last laugh. Disco will be a great relief pitcher and Wallach could become a pretty good player in the Great American Ballpark.
  12. Great deal for depth. Sizemore > Ed Lucas
  13. it is so, so, so unlikely that trading Eovaldi for PAlvarez would improve this team. I hope this rumor dies. Yea, I don't care what people think about Bour, I think I'd rather have him start for nothing than get Alvarez. I actually think Bour could post a higher OPS in Marlins Park than Alvarez can at PNC...
  14. Idk why people think he's going to opt out anyway. The way the deal was built its very unlikely he does.
  15. Well that kills any Pirates trades, lol.
  16. I don't care about others. I personally always go by WAR Which is tough when you can use two different sources for the same stat that can constantly differ from each other.
  17. the thing with wild card which is a big reason why he deserves the godzilla face palm so much (I still love him) is he likes to pick and choose when to apply WAR as a statistical measurement. EO vs Koehler last year is a perfect example of this (Eo 3.0 vs Salad's 1.8) And others don't do that? Salty is a perfect example.
  18. But Eovaldi is a better pitcher. and is the most projectable pitcher in our rotation outside of Fernandez of course. Actually Koehler was significantly better than Eovaldi and the batting practice that he pitched last year. Eovaldi was hit hard, and often. Koehler led this team in K's and gave up less hits than IP. Those are pretty good footnotes on the resume of a fifth starter.
  19. There are a lot of question marks right now in our organization. If Tom Koehler is in our starting rotation next season and we trade Eovaldi, we have failed. Haren is a high risk if he pitches for us. Latos is a risk because he hasn't been good lately. We have a lot of possibilities going forward. It depends on what we do about first base and what we do about our rotation. I think the biggest thing that I am curious about is if Dee can continue to steal bags. His BABIP defines his value. If he is able to consistently get on the base paths and continue to steal bags above 75% percent he will become an extremely important part of our lineup. If he doesn't do those things we will have lost big. I disagree about Koehler/Eovaldi but the second paragraph is spot on. I am extremely confident in Gordon, and the things you pointed out are what make him so valuable to how he fits in to our lineup.
  20. Good point about the Gordon trade. I'm just saying that in three years time we'll be looking at what Gordon/Haren brought to the Marlins, and what the players we gave up brought to the Dodgers/Angels, and see this trade in a different light. Hopefully we look back on this just like we look back on the Uggy trade in 2003, and no matter what we gave up, we know we won.
  21. Despite what we gave up to LA, the major league team is better today than it was a week ago. With that said, we're not a true contender until we get that power bat. And if it's a really good one we are capable of catapulting to being serious contenders as opposed to the fringe type of contender we probably are now. While I agree, I don't think we get much more production from a Pedro Alvarez over Justin Bour. I think we could be a playoff team right now, even with Bour at first.
  22. Honestly, I'd like to give Justin Bour a shot. *shrug* Maybe just me. I wouldn't be upset if he was our 1B on opening day FWIW.
  23. I don't think it's that unfair of an analysis. His injury history certainly played a role in why we got him for what we got him. History? Didnt he have like three straight 200ip seasons in a row before 2014? (Not looking, just guessing)
  24. Just a random thought, now that the Marlins have much more of a positive aura around baseball in general (with the Stanton extension and the newfound attempt at fielding a sustainable winner)... Is our chances of getting the 2017 All Star Game is increasing? Is there any reason we wouldn't get the '17 ASG?
  25. I'm on the fence for the pedro-eo thing. pedro is pretty high risk, but his ceiling is really somethin.... Same can be said about Eovaldi, but at least he just had a 3 WAR season and he has more control. If you can get the Pirates to also send you something to replace some of the inventory we just lost, you do it.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.