Everything posted by bobbob1313
-
Anibal Done Pitching for Season
The Red Sox knew he was fragile that's why they had no problem trading him. Reason #261. So that's not true? He was always healthy for the Red Sox? No. He was agreeing and saying that it was one of the many reasons the Red Sox had no problem trading him.
-
Anibal Done Pitching for Season
The Red Sox knew he was fragile that's why they had no problem trading him. they had no problem trading him because they had a chance to get a top of the line starting pitcher and the best defensive(and certainly not too shabby of a hitter) 3rd baseman the game has ever seen...and in case you havent gotten the privelage(joking) of watchin the sawx for as many years as i have...they have almost always been an awful defensive team... The best defensive 3rd baseman the game has ever seen? There's no way you're being cereal. last time i checked he has the highest fielding % of all-time at his position...and without throwing in things like range factor and other guesstimates...i have a hard time arguing against it Yeah, fielding percentage doesn't tell you anything about how good a defensive player is. Just that he doesn't make errors.
-
Overrated Movies
Schindler's List (ducks) - Not entertaining and I understand that the Holocaust was a horrible,horrible thing but I don't want to pay to see a movie that is supposed to entertain me on the subject. I could be moved by simply reading a book or watching the history channel on the subject, i don't need the movie. It is almost like you have to like this movie based on the subject matter. You can't imagine the amount of sh*t I got once for saying that I didn't like Schindler's List. I feel the same way, and I always get crap for it. I watch movies for the most part to be entertained. To escape from the world, not to be reminded of how sh*t it is. I recognize the merit of movies like that, but for me, it serves no purpose. I know the best art is supposed to challenge you and take you out of your comfort level, but there's something about movies that makes me not want to be challenged. For the most part I just like being entertained. I'll let literature and music challenge, and movies entertain. I probably sound like your average dumb schmuck right now, but I guess this goes a long way in explaining why movies don't mean as much to me.
-
Broward County wants to dump WIOD over Rush
Broward County has retained WIOD: http://cbs4.com/topstories/local_story_170125334.html GOD DAMNED f***ING LIBERALS.
-
Logan Kensing
I don't think that plays. Pitchers get taken out of the game because they weren't doing their job. By letting runners on base, but not allowing them to score.
-
Ages of People Here
I'll be 26 in August. So you are 25.
-
Ages of People Here
18 omgme2
-
What the....?
There is a correlation between WHIP, K/BB rate and ERA. When a pitcher has a high WHIP and bad K/BB it is only a matter of time before all those runners he's allowing on-base will start to come around and score. For Willis, this is already happening. Pitchers with good K per 9 rates and low WHIPs tend to stay effective for much longer than pitchers with low K rates and high WHIPs. Why? Because the fewer balls a pitcher allows to be put in play the lower his chances are the dinkers and 20 hoppers start dropping in. Discrediting the "SABR stats" is 1) Ignorant and 2) Limiting your growth of knowledge as a baseball fan. Discrediting WHIP and K/BB rates is as DUMB (because that's the only word I can think of) as using Wins, batting average and RBI to determine and discuss how good a player is. All three that I mentioned have been PROVEN to be extremely misleading in gauging a player's talent. Come on MB.com expand your minds! It will make you better baseball fans and it will improve the discussions and opinions on this message board. Post of the year!
-
Mark Buehrle
Ok. Mark Buerhle is a nice innings eater. But he's not a stopper, and thats what we need. We have a nice innings eater in Dontrelle. That WHIP of his is gonna skyrocket once his BABIP comes back down to earth. Buerhle is a guy who pitches to contact, and with out defense, he's gonna be awful.
-
Mark Buehrle
He makes so much sense it's crazy. But that also means we're hell bent on contending this year, and no longer building from within, since I'd assume no less than one of Gaby/Volstad/Thompson is dealt to get him. To have any hope of winning we need an ace. So why would we trade for Beurhle? He's not an ace. He's a good pitcher who goes deep into games. He's not a shut down type pitcher. He is what Dontrelle should be.
-
Across the Universe
I consider myself one of the biggest Beatles fans around, and I'm slightly interested by this. I mean, it needs to actually be a good movie, but if it is a good movie, having a Beatles-centric theme can't be a bad thing. I'm not expecting it to be a good movie, but it's possible. And I don't think the song are "bastardized". They are no different than the I Am Sam soundtrack from a few years back, which was decent. The fact of the matter is the Beatles made music that is appreciated by everyone, and almost everyone has an emotional attachment to them. it's only natural that as time goes on, people will find new ways to appreciate them or to show their appreciation, and one way is to be inspired by them and create new art out of it.
-
Quantum of Solace (Bond 22)
Stranger Than Fiction was great. I loved it. Not sure how he'll do with Bond based on that one movie, but who knows.
-
Post Game Thoughts (June 19 vs Sox)
I don't think they will trade Willis, but who knows? they wont but should they? and the answer is yes...he has value now..why not give him up if we can get a nice package in returnsince LAA made Ervin Santana available to Baltimore for Miggy Tejada why not do something like Willis and Borcahrd for Santana and Napoli or something...maybe Brandon Wood(SS) and move hanley to center...im just saying, dontrelle is crap and is vastly over-rated I cant summon the words to my mouth to explain how absolutely wrong this is. I'm just in awe.I don't think there is any way in the world the Angels would make that trade. Do you know how hard they would be laughing on the phone? They would be peeing their pants.your right. im sorry. it wouldnt be nice to have a good short stop and then move hanley to center to solve those problems. He's saying the Angels would never do it. That would be a freaking steal for the Fish.
-
What the....?
I'd like to see some of the locals take up a "Slap Bet" ala How I Met Your Mother.
-
What the....?
He hasn't hurt his trade value. He's still valuable. He can still get us a bounty.
-
Post Game Thoughts (June 19 vs Sox)
You know what else, I really hope that this is the turning point game. Willis sucked, but we still found a way to win. We've got Sergio going tomorrow, and then a long stretch of home-games. If there's ever a time to start playing better, it's right now. tommy just ponited out that garland is like 10-0 in day games. not sure of that stat or whatever, so sue me but the point is hes good, and the marlins just got lucky tonight maybe pray for some luck tomorrow Jon Garland is a bad pitcher whose success this year has been mostly smoke and mirrors. And the Marlins didn't get lucky tonight. The sox are an awful offense.
-
Anyone else think the Marlins should quit having BP?
Whom?
-
Projected All-Star game Rosters
Does anybody look at VORP when boting for the all-star team? No, but if I were to vote for the all star game I might. :mischief
-
Mike Jacobs
oh noes strikeouts are teh worstest!11!!1 Mike Jacob will be huge for our lineup because he's a good hitter. Period. Not great, but he's better than any other option we have at first, and he's a pretty good hitter.
-
Projected All-Star game Rosters
oh and lmao how is kevin youkilis not an all star? cbs is completely off The other 3 guys have higher OPS.
-
Lineups tonight
Yeah, Wood's a pretty crappy hitter and a decent fielder. Why is he dh-ing.
-
Anyone else think the Marlins should quit having BP?
That has something to do with that, but it's no excuse. If guys can't throw strikes they shouldn't be in the major leagues period. You could argue at the very least that Obermueller and RVH don't. At least not right now. Olsen and Willis are just wild. always have been.
-
Anyone else think the Marlins should quit having BP?
So the fact that the Marlins lead the league in errors doesn't affect a pitchers psyche? I'm guessing the reason we lead in walks is because we've been starting guys like obermueller, kim, RVH, as well as the fact that Willis and Olsen can't find the strikezone to save their lives. I bet it has very little to do with it.
-
Anyone else think the Marlins should quit having BP?
Ok, I'll bite. They make 2.4 errors for every 100 put outs. How does this make them likely to make an error? If anything, it shows that an error is pretty unlikely.
-
Anyone else think the Marlins should quit having BP?
I need to start ignoring your posts, but ok I'll bite. What do the errors have to do with walks?