Everything posted by Pnino
-
Dontrelle Willis Trade Rumors
Finally, we got someone to nibble.
-
Yankees coming to Miami in March
Nice way to make money and give douches who live in South Florida and root for the Yankees a chance to see their team. Home is where the heart is not vice versa. When I retire to stately YF Manor in South Florida, you better believe I'll still be a Yankee fan. And so will my kids. And my grandkids. :mischief no youre wrong. thats not the way its designed. if you retire down here, fine, but if your kids grew up here then they should be marlin fans. my family is from ny too... i was born a mets fan (the thought now makes me want to vomit). my first baseball memory, possibly my first memory ever, was the ball rolling through bill buckner's legs and my family going nuts. but, when i was ten, the marlins came around. my family down here became marlin fans immediately... because THIS IS WHERE WE LIVE!!!!! home is where the heart is my foot, home is where you live. this is precisely why miami is constantly being considered one of the worst sports markets in the country... because half of the (relatively) recent arrivals still hold loyalties to their old teams. hate to break it to you but the new yorkers who did the right thing and realized that this is our home now really look down on you guys. Hey, we do have that in common. I used to be a Mets fan too. Grew up in Corona one train stop away from Willits Point. The thought of it also almost makes me barf. I moved down here and the Marlins took me away. Sorry Mutts. GO FISH!
-
Cabrera to Yankees? It's possible
I don't agree w/ Uggla "easily" moving to third. Second and 3B are two different monsters. But I guess your right. That is always an option.
-
Cabrera to Yankees? It's possible
I don't believe this rumor. It's garbage. BUT, if there were any truth to it, I'd doubt Joba would be involved considering Rivera is all but gone. Joba is the future closer and, w/ Rivera all but saying that he's gone if Torre goes, I don't think he'd be involved in a package. As for getting rid of Cabrera, I'd hate to be the bearer of bad news, but lets try not to get too endeared w/ him. Any deal for Cabrera is going to be viewed w/ a bit of bitterness. But the fact is, he is soon out of our reach financially, so lets start discussing some real possibilities. As for Cano, I love him as a player. But I don't see the need for him to come here. We have Uggla, who, for the price, he is doing a fine job. We need SP and a CF. Which teams out there can fill this need? Dodgers? Angels? Yanks? Anybody I'm missing?
-
CF Ideas
So Taguchi from the Cards may be available. I know he is a bit old, but he has had respectable numbers in his career. I don't see a one year deal for this guy, even for his age, as a bad deal. Considering our options, I think he could be a plug to stop the bleeding there.
-
Official point and laugh at the Mets thread
Hooray, Hooray! It is a glorious day. For the Mutts have played dead since reigning back in May. Let this be a lesson to all those who bragged and bragged that although the Fish are in the bottom but have one final trick to be had. In the future before coming to our stadium to roast and boast about how we don't support our team or how the Mutts will coast. Remember 2007 before whipping up the nerve to make fun of our Florida Marlins, Mutt Fans, you have been SERVED!
-
Official point and laugh at the Mets thread
Hooray, Hooray! It is a glorious day. For the Mutts have played dead since reigning back in May. Let this be a lesson to all those who bragged and bragged that although the Fish are in the bottom but have one final trick to be had. In the future before coming to our stadium to roast and boast about how we don't support our team or how the Mutts will coast. Remember 2007 before whipping up the nerve to make fun of our Florida Marlins, Mutt Fans, you have been SERVED!
-
Marlins @ Mets 1:05
It looks like the only Met that wants to win this is Castillo. He's been on fire.
-
Marlins @ Mets 1:05
Another Grand Slam......Pleeeezzzzzz
-
Marlins @ Mets 1:05
YES!!! MARLINS 1 METS 0!!! Oh, this could be very, very sweet!
-
Sept. 29---Marlins @ Mets---1:10
Any word on Hanley?
-
Sept. 29---Marlins @ Mets---1:10
What happened b/t Reyes and Olivo? Anybody?
-
Enough is enough... Fish need to cut the crap already.
Well, looking at the entire picture, we could be worse. The season is very long and we have yet to arrive at the midway point. Hoping we return after the break with some better play.
-
Fredi: Gregg to remain Closer
At this point, I think I would feel more comfortable w/ Messenger. Hope it works out.
-
Todd Linden claimed
I don't know how to feel about this. Is this good or bad? I'm clueless. :confused
-
Hermida sparks life to the lineup
Regardless of where he hits, I truly want to see what Hermida is all about. This guy has been talked up everywhere but just hasn't fulfilled the expectations. I hope he has a monster year. I'm very excited to see this kid explode. I believe his power will come this year. I love the plate discipline and all, but I also think this guy is gonna start hitting some long balls once his confidence gets up there. I still can't forget that grand slam he hit the first time he batted in the major leagues. The Marlins were getting blown out that game and there was a rain delay. I was at the game and went home during the rain. When I got home I saw the news and saw the HR. I could have killed myself. The ball went right around where I was sitting in RF. Ridiculous. Go Jeremy! Go Jorge Julio! (Just kidding)
-
Who is our closer?
Anybody have a clue? Now that the Julio nightmare has finally ended, where are we? Has Owens proven he's our man? How about Tank? Will Gregg be given a try? Anybody? :blink:
-
Should we be worried about the Marlins closer?
As painful as it is to say, the Marlins HAD to leave him in. Heck, w/ the money he's making we have to see what he is made of. It's the first closing opportunity and he has to be given the chance. Well, he blew it. If Julio is not our closer, it is going to take a couple of more blown saves before he is removed. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. He was brought in for that reason. If it doesn't work out w/ him, unfortunately, we're gonna have to swallow a few more blown saves before he is given the boot.
-
Did the first game give anyone hope?
What did you guys think of the first game, I live in NJ so I have ti wait to SEE them, but what did you guys see and what did you guys like? What gives me hope is not the fact that they won. The marlins should have won this game and should take the series. What is impressive is the manner in which they won. Their pitching did wonderfully. In addition, the bats hit the Nats hard. That is a reason for optimism. To make the playoffs, we need to hammer the Nationals every series and every other weak team because we are going to have a heck of a time beating the Braves and Mets. Not that it cannot be done, but its gonna take a greater toll on our pitching. :thumbup
-
Should we be worried about the Marlins closer?
Guys, I would much rather be concerned about our offense than our bullpen. Unless we score run, it doesn't really matter if our closer can handle the job or not. The leads will not be there. So, just a change in perspective here. Our offense has been a much bigger problem this Spring than our bullpen has.
-
And our starting CF is.......
I hate it and I'll tell you why: 1) This is just too much too soon for De Aza. For every Dan Uggla story, there's a Logan Kensing head-case that rushing will create. 2) This means we're committed to De Aza for at least a year...at least. I find it slightly nauseating that we can say, with a straight face, that he's our future in center-field. I don't like the fact that it seems we've made our bed with De Aza. I was hoping against all hope that we'd just bite the bullet and trade for a center-fielder, maybe pull Tampa's head out of it's ass or the White Sox or Mariners, but now we're here, and this is going to be the status quo going forward. Terrible terrible decision (and this has nothing to do with De Aza...I'm actually glad to see him get a chance, but the Marlins organizational history suggests that this is a bad move for the team). Hmm. Don't understand the doom and gloom here. And can't understand your logic either. As you said "De Aza is not our CF for the future". . . why do you care if this experiment fails? Sanchez didn't cut it, and we know what we can get out of Reed (which is not much). Are you upset we are starting De Aza or are you upset we haven't traded for a "legit" CF? Because Beinfest is glacial when addressing an error he made. Essentially, it's either you believe De Aza's 2007 is going to be gang-busters, or terrible. Due to the "rush factor" I'm more inclined to believe his '07 will be terrible. Then, knowing Beinfest, we're going to have De Aza for most if not all of the '07 season in center. Ergo, I believe we're going to have another abysmal output from centerfield. So, to conclude, I'd say my frustration is that we didn't get a "legit" center-fielder, and that judging by past comments made about De Aza, we're not going to be getting one any time soon either. Look, I'll be the happiest person in the world if De Aza succeeds or if Beinfest has a quick leash with him, but if I were forced to wager, I'd bet heavily against both. Hey, every team has its problems. It is not a perfect system. Yes, you may feel this move is terrible, terrible, but I try to look at the big picture. Our starting rotation is good, our bullpen is better than it was last year, and our offense is pretty much the same as it was last year. Not bad. So our CF position is not perfect. All around, the team looks solid. I like it. I'm not gonna go cry wolf because of one questionable move. If it doesn't work, there are always options. If it does work, we are that much better.
-
Lindstrom opening eyes in camp
The options the Marlins have for possible closers is very exciting. Many have questioned ownership's inability to bring an established closer from the outside, however, I feel very good entering the season with the options at hand. I am sure one of those players mentioned will step up and shine.
-
Several rule changes in effect for 2007
The idea to speed up the game seems interesting. I automatically think of Mike Mussina and how this will affect his pitches. He usually holds a very slow tempo when pitching. In addition, this is going to affect the psyche of the game. It will give pitchers and catchers less time to think about their pitches and pitching sequence. I feel it may favor the hitter. But that is just my opinion. As for the changes in making up games, I think it is great. I like the idea of starting a make up game w/ a middle reliever and preserving the starters. It will also keep the bullpen a little more involved. Sounds good.
-
Cabrera frustrated?
How about toying w/ the idea that the FO has already decided that they will not be able to afford Miggy after he becomes a FA. We all know that they will offer long term contracts to no one until the stadium deal is done. Even IF that deal gets done, they know that Miggy is not happy here and will very likely move on after the Marlins. So why not low ball him all these years and then trade him for some solid players that are more affordable come that time? Honestly, he is a great player. But the fact of the matter is that he is not happy here. Let him go. Imagine what we can get for him come that time? The possibilities are endless. Can he be replaced? Of course not. But he is an excellent bargaining chip to get pretty much whatever we want when that time comes. What evidence do you have to back up your statement that he's unhappy here? Your entire argument is based on reasonless conjecture. You'd do better to present well thought out ideas backed up with supporting arguments. I'd have to disagree w/ your "reasonless conjecture" accusation. My reason for concluding that Cabrera is not happy is based on his actions a couple of years ago w/ the marlins. I remember him having issues w/ the club. He was having some tantrums in the clubhouse during the end of the year. It was all over the news and discussed extensively on the Marlins message board. Additionally, he failed to show up to this year's fan fest. This does not make the case for a happy player. Is it concrete evidence? Probably not. But it is enough to draw conclusions. As for your "you better present well thought out ideas".... I don't think so. You have very little power over what individuals think or say in this country. The Taliban tries to force people to think certain ways. We don't do that here in the US. So...... I wouldn't go so far as calling it reasonless. I think there is reason. Oh.. BTW, if you read the beginning of my post, I prefaced it w/ "How about toying w/ the idea..." No need to have an aneurism over my post. If you don't like it, don't toy w/ the idea. Very simple. Sorry I offended you. I didn't think I had to go into so much detail to help some individuals actually think for themselves rather than having things explained to them if not providing a link. I don't have the time to search such things. I'm just here to talk baseball. In your post, your statement was reasonless. However, you clearly had reasons for making your statement. Flesh them out in the original post, so other posters don't have to ask you for them. I'm quite capable of thinking for myself, thank you. I am incapable of thinking for you, though, which is what you asked me to do by not explaining your opinion. Cool! :cool
-
Cabrera frustrated?
How about toying w/ the idea that the FO has already decided that they will not be able to afford Miggy after he becomes a FA. We all know that they will offer long term contracts to no one until the stadium deal is done. Even IF that deal gets done, they know that Miggy is not happy here and will very likely move on after the Marlins. So why not low ball him all these years and then trade him for some solid players that are more affordable come that time? Honestly, he is a great player. But the fact of the matter is that he is not happy here. Let him go. Imagine what we can get for him come that time? The possibilities are endless. Can he be replaced? Of course not. But he is an excellent bargaining chip to get pretty much whatever we want when that time comes. What evidence do you have to back up your statement that he's unhappy here? Your entire argument is based on reasonless conjecture. You'd do better to present well thought out ideas backed up with supporting arguments. I'd have to disagree w/ your "reasonless conjecture" accusation. My reason for concluding that Cabrera is not happy is based on his actions a couple of years ago w/ the marlins. I remember him having issues w/ the club. He was having some tantrums in the clubhouse during the end of the year. It was all over the news and discussed extensively on the Marlins message board. Additionally, he failed to show up to this year's fan fest. This does not make the case for a happy player. Is it concrete evidence? Probably not. But it is enough to draw conclusions. As for your "you better present well thought out ideas".... I don't think so. You have very little power over what individuals think or say in this country. The Taliban tries to force people to think certain ways. We don't do that here in the US. So...... I wouldn't go so far as calling it reasonless. I think there is reason. Oh.. BTW, if you read the beginning of my post, I prefaced it w/ "How about toying w/ the idea..." No need to have an aneurism over my post. If you don't like it, don't toy w/ the idea. Very simple. Sorry I offended you. I didn't think I had to go into so much detail to help some individuals actually think for themselves rather than having things explained to them if not providing a link. I don't have the time to search such things. I'm just here to talk baseball.